1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

check in and out times

Discussion in 'Resorts, Hotels, DVC, Villas' started by AKLnut, May 24, 2011.

1. AKLnut

AKLnut Imagineer

yeah Im panicking can you tell :)

what are the check in and out times on disneyworld resorts and can they be changed to earlier or later on request?

2. BUTTERHEAD1

BUTTERHEAD1 Addicted to Mickey

I have asked for late checkout several times and WDW has given us a 1 pm checkout time each and everytime we have asked. As for the check in time you can check in anytime on your first day, You will receive your room keys and if your room isnt available they will hold your luggage for you and you can go to the parks. Later in the day you can call for your room number. They will deliver your luggage to your room when it is ready.

3. uscwest

uscwest Senior Cast Member

Check in time is actually any time. However, it is possible they may not have a room ready for you until after 3PM. They will let you check in, drop off your baggage and if you need tickets or charge privileges on your room key will also take care of that for you.

4. DisneyFreak

DisneyFreak Serious Forum Regular

You can also give them your cell phone number and they will call you or text you (your choice) to let you know when your room is ready.

5. Casey3557

Casey3557 Earning my ears

For the DVC resorts and at Fort Wilderness, check-in time is 4:00 p.m. We've had luck about half the time in accessing our room/unit earlier.

We have only had to request a late check-out once at OKW and the request was granted. However, that was when the resort was very new (and not even completed). I do not know if DVC resorts routinely grant late check-out requests. I guess it doesn't hurt to ask. We normally book a mid-morning flight and ME picks us up at around 7:00 a.m. anyway.

6. WDW Vet

WDW Vet Forum Advertiser

All of the prior posts are correct but lets do it all in one. Check in is 3pm at all resorts except villas & Ft Wilderness which is at 4 pm. All resorts check out is 11 am. Disney will grant a two hour extended check out.

You can arrive at any time and pre register at the front desk. If a room is ready they will gladly offer it to you. If you made a room request (ground floor, balcony, etc) they may not have it ready as Mousekeeping didn't get there yet. There is a blocker who assigns rooms based on requests. If you want a room that may be available that is not what you requsted you can do so. But if you want to wait for a room with your request or you are traveling peak or holiday seasons there may be no rooms available until 3 pm.

The CM will issue you resort ID (KTTW)which identify you as a resort guest. They will set up your KTTW with your credit card for charging privilages and if you are on a package with admission it will be encoded as well. So you can go to the parks and charge to your room. If you have Magical Express your bags are probably on the way still. Any carry on luggage will be checked and will be brought to your room with the other luggage.

They will call or text your cell when your room is ready. They will take the previous KTTW and issue new ones which also has the room encoded as this also is your "key" to your room that you are assigned.