1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Cheeky DLRP!

Discussion in 'Disneyland Resort Paris' started by sazzledazzle, Oct 6, 2008.

1. sazzledazzle

sazzledazzle Earning my ears

Hi all, as previously posted we are going to DLRP Jan28th - 31st Jan staying at sequoia lodge, all fine.
    When I booked the hotel, direct with Disney I paid 10% deposit for the room balance to be paid 29th November, all fine.
    I recvd a bank statement the other day and the cheeky people had indeed taken the 10% deposit and then 10 days later taken the other £380 I owed them too, now call me a dimwit but I only just noticed it had come out of my bank account. Anyhow I phoned them up to rant and all they could say was
    'Yes it's all our fault, but the computer system will automatically take the balance from your account 10 days after unless the agent you speak to actually manually inputs the balance date on your file'
    Well ok so can I have a refund then?
    'Well you can madam but it will take 4-8 weeks'
    HOW LONG??
    now the balance is due end november so by the time I get the money back it's time to pay them again what a waste of time! GRRRRR :mad:

2. keith

keith Camera nut Staff Member Administrator Forum Host

OMG now thats REALLY bad :(

I've always wanted to stay at the Sequoia Lodge though it always looks brilliant

3. lisaw

lisaw Serious Forum Regular

That is a worry that it automatically comes out unless told otherwise :mad:

4. Britchick

Britchick Serious Forum Regular

vive la france!!! :lol:

5. sazzledazzle

sazzledazzle Earning my ears

I know 'how rude!'
    Now it's most unlike me I know but I would generally have asked for some form of compensation by way of a free meal etc etc but I think I was so shocked at basically being told 'well it's just tough luck' that I forgot:shocked025:
    It's left a bit of a sour taste I must admit......

6. simonwebb74

simonwebb74 Earning my ears

I would get back onto them and complain about lost interest etc. etc. I'm sure they will offer some kind of compensation, even if it's only a free coffee pack for your room [​IMG]

We have stayed at Sequoia Lodge for the last 4 years but I have to admit that last Christmas it was starting to look a little tired and in need of a lick of paint here and there.

You can't beat sitting next to the huge log fire in the bar after a cold winters day in the park though [​IMG]