1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Chefs De France

Discussion in 'Restaurants, Dining, Dining Plans' started by gwennie81, Mar 30, 2011.

1. gwennie81

gwennie81 Earning my ears

I ate at Chefs de France in Epcot for lunch a couple weeks ago. I'm kind of ambivalent about the experience.

#1. I expected it to be air-conditioned. For some reason I was a little uncomfortable in there tempurature wise. I'm not sure why as it IS air-conditioned. However, I had been hauling-butt to get there and then was seated by a window. I had a large gentleman sitting directly behind me so didn't want to push my chair back too far and make myself comfortable so...yeah, I felt weird the entire meal.

#2. I chose to do the "Prix-fixe" menu where you choose one item for 3 courses for $27. I thought that was the better deal considering the prices of the entrees alone. However, 3 courses sent me over the edge. For the rest of the day I felt soooooo fullllll....

#3. For the appetizer I chose lobster bisque. I was expecting a small cup of soup. NO! They bring you a giant bowl! It was quite tasty but, I could have just eaten the soup for an entree.

#4. Entree was the ham & cheese quiche. I'm pretty sure you can get the same quiche next door in the pastry shop but it would not have come with the delightful little mixed-green salad on the side. I finished the salad, not the quiche.

#5. Dessert. Creme Brulee (see my MOTM pic). Ahhhhhh...So delicious. But by this point I was so full I didn't know what to do. I ended up picking off the sugar crust with my fork and eating as much of the pudding as I could muster.

#6. I did order the Chardonnay to sip on during my meal. I wish I would've just stuck with water as the portion of the food dulled my taste of the wine.

#7. I was seated by the windows on the far east side. There is a cast member door along that side of the building and Marie walked past me twice and Belle once. That was fun to be able to watch the CM's and other people walk past.

All-in-all...I'm not sure if I would choose to eat there again. Maybe after I've tried all the other restaurants. But it would be a good choice if I had to pick a sit-down meal to accomoate different pallates. They had many other tasty-looking dishes on the menu. And the food was DEFINITELY delicious. A notch above what is ususally available in the parks.

2. uscwest

uscwest Senior Cast Member

We ate there several years ago for the Candlelight Processional. I was less than impressed and we haven't been back since. We keep saying we need to give it another try with the regular menu but that just hasn't happened.

3. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

We used to LOVE this restaurant way back when there was outdoor covered seating. (The area they've now enclosed was part of it).

We still enjoy it there, but not quite as much. We order for the table when we dine there for lunch and it's usually the salade nicoise, the charcuterie plate and maybe a cheese selection with a carafe of wine. It's great fun, but our favorite French restaurant in EPCOT is upstairs at the Bistro. :yes:

4. Isafari

Isafari Wild Animal Expert

We have enjoyed a few meals here and have also tried the fixed 3 course lunch menu. I had the onion soup, quiche, and the chocolate cake. Last visit, we were also sat at the window next to the CM gate. Marie came by a few times when Remy was inside the restaurant and interacted with him - it was quite funny.

However....on my last visit, I was eating my soup and put my spoon down to break off some bread - the waitress was there in a flash, picked up my bowl and whipped it away!!