1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Choice of airline from manchester to orlando?

Discussion in 'Transportation & Travel' started by disneydiva, Dec 30, 2008.

1. disneydiva

disneydiva Earning my ears

Is it really only virgin that go direct or are there some other options?

I dont really want to change but then again Ive never tried so dont know how bad it would be?

2. ukwdwnut

ukwdwnut Director of Recruitment Forum Host

why do or even thinking of changing....cost?....do you book direct with VA....you can book thru third parties and save a quite a few quid

3. Slowhand

Slowhand Cruise Director Forum Host

If you are thinking of a package holiday then many of their carriers fly direct to Orlando, although most [if not all] of them fly to Sanford Orlando not Orlando International.

4. keith

keith Camera nut Staff Member Administrator Forum Host

yep we've done a few different carriers out of Manchester though overall, Virgin have been the most satisfactory. That's not to say they're great but we haven't found better

Firstchoice go direct although I've heard they may not be next year :/ (not sure on that one). The planes have more legroom although EVERYTHING is extra even to the point of paying for more channels on the entertainment and drinks.

Some of the American carriers go non-direct and it does add on significant time. I've rather alternated between thinking that it's nice to get off after "just" 6 hours and stretch my legs before the next 2 hour flight and thinking agrrghrhgrhg all that wasted time, just get me there.

There's always BA. The outward bound doesnt feel so bad, quick trip down to london and then direct to Orlando but coming back I REALLY didnt want to get off at London and go through the hassle there before flight back to Manchester.

Sanford v Orlando International is the other thing to consider. As Slowhand says, many go into Sanford which has the advantage of being smaller and faster to get through USUALLY unless you arrive at the same time as another flight in which case they can get overwhelmed. Orlando International though is closer and so cheaper in a taxi or towncar plus Disney's Magical Express (DME) only goes from there so you can't get it at all from Sanford.