1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Choosing a Disney Memory to Re-Live

Discussion in 'Walt Disney World' started by Wendy, Jun 25, 2013.

1. Wendy

Wendy A hui hou kakou makuakane Staff Member Administrator

We all have our memories of things that have happened at Walt Disney World, but if you were able to choose to re-live a Disney memory, what would you choose?

I think someone would have to choose for me, because mine would be the first time we walked into the Magic Kingdom, it was a belated honeymoon for us and it just took my breath away and was better than I ever imagined. The other times are when we took Livvy to BBB, her face when they turned her round will stay in my heart forever and the other one was when my little man became Jack Sparrow, he was so cute and knew exactly what he wanted, another special memory locked away. There are lots more, but these 3 stick in my mind.

What would your choice or choices be?

Last edited: Jun 25, 2013
  2. Faythstar

Faythstar Imagineer

GREAT question!

I think mine would have to be the first day I ever went to Disney with my now-husband. When we were still dating, I spent Spring Break with him and his family in Gainesville, FL and he surprised me by taking me to Magic Kingdom, because he already knew how much Disney meant to me. It was one of the most magical days I've ever spent, experiencing my favorite place with someone I love so much. Surprisingly, for a beautiful Spring day, it was very uncrowded--probably the least crowded day I've ever spent at Disney. We got to walk through Mickey & Minnie's house, because it was before the closing of Toon Town, and since the crowd was minimal, we actually got to take some good pictures inside the houses that were normally crammed with people. We rode Haunted Mansion and Pirates multiple times, saw the parade AND the fireworks show, and it was the first time Gus had ever taken pictures with characters. It was pretty much a perfect day.

3. Wendy

It sounds so romantic and definitely a perfect day Faythstar.

4. uscwest

uscwest Senior Cast Member

I think I would have to choose the time we took our now 21 year old granddaughter (she turned 9 on her first day in the MK) and we (actually she) were chosen Grand Marshalls. With all the magic that happened that day it absolutely could not have been scripted any better.

5. Faythstar

Faythstar Imagineer

It was one of the most magical days of my life. DEFINITELY the sweetest surprise I've ever been given. I still love being swept away in the memory.

6. Watchinherskip

Watchinherskip Better known as "That Guy"

It would have to be our second trip to the World. This time we had our DD Alex, then around 6, and seeing the wonder in her eyes was better than anything. Seeing her so happy that she literally skipped between attractions and character meet and greets (hence my screen name) was all the magic that I need to remember.:yes:

7. robertcraig

robertcraig Serious Forum Regular

Airdrie, North Lanarkshire, United Kingdom
    must be in 1981 when the family first saw the magic kingdom sign

8. Mamabear

Mamabear Earning my ears

Watching the parade in MK last year with my mum brother and Joshy and all the attention he got from his pinocchio costume was amazing . It seemed so personal and he was so happy

Joshy and JackJacks Mummy

9. piglet

piglet Serious Forum Regular

OMG there are so many to choose from. One of them was walking into the BC and a CM coming up to tell us we had been upgraded to Club Level and when I asked how she knew who I was she just grinned and said 'Mickey told me'. Another was my very first visit to Disneyland when we were touring the USA. I was so excited I got the most awful migraine and everyone had to wait for me until the tablets had taken effect :shrug1:and as I walked round I saw a show with all the characters and I could actually feel my migraine abating, that was brillliant.

10. Oreo

Oreo Addicted to Mickey

I don't have many memories of my first trip to Disney World as I was only 5!

However, I do have a strong memory of riding the Cable cars (skyway I think it was called) with my Mom, Brother and late dad.

It was a yellow bucket type cable car and I remember looking at the Castle and being amazed by it all.

I would love to re-live that memory! :yes:

11. Dawn

Dawn carpe diem-ing Forum Host

When we took Steven as an 8 month old. We were in the Festival of the Lion King in Animal Kingdom and half way through the show I glanced over to wear he was sitting on Adrian's lap and he was absolutely captivated by the show. If I could freeze a moment in time it would be that one.

Of course there's also the time on the same trip that he whacked Cinderella round the face with a chunk of broccoli. :eek:

12. Wendy

.............and hasn't been allowed to forget it to this day :lol:

13. Dawn

Oh no, we'll reel that one out on his 16th, 18th, 21st birthdays, and probably his wedding day too.:evil:

14. Britchick

Britchick Cast Member

I love those moments ...however I love even more that Dawn used the wrong where/wear! Ha ha

15. Dawn

:jawdrop:

In my defence I had spent the day with year 4 who quite frankly are horrific.

16. Britchick

Britchick Cast Member

i'll give you a pass.... on this occasion :evil: