1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Christmas at Walt Disney World

Discussion in 'Walt Disney World' started by WDW Vet, Jul 2, 2011.

1. WDW Vet

WDW Vet Forum Advertiser

Wouldn't it be great to spend Christmas at Walt Disney World? So how many of you would love to be at Walt Disney World during the holidays?
  2. keith

keith Camera nut Staff Member Administrator Forum Host

me please :yes:

Mixes my two favourite things, Christmas and Disney world :yes:

I love all the decorations, the music, the celebrations
  3. foreverducky

foreverducky Addicted to Mickey

Ok, I will stand up and officially be the odd person out today. I'm sure lots of people would like to be there during those times, and I have visited in Dec. However, while the decorations are nice and cooler weather is great for Florida, I would rather see snow during Dec. I lived in FL for two years and never understood, nor felt normal about warm weather in the fall/winter times. I remember one Halloween it was very warm and I saw pumpkins being sold on the side of the road. I just shook my head, too weird for me.
  4. Kate

Kate Serious Forum Regular

Our last 3 visits have been over the thanksgiving period, i cant imagine going any other time now! We love it there, the first few days we are there its very strange getting our heads around the fact that its very christmassy and yet we are in our summer clothes!
  5. Isafari

Isafari Wild Animal Expert

We have spent every Christmas since 2003 at Disney - truly amazing, we love it.
  6. keith

keith Camera nut Staff Member Administrator Forum Host

On site is truly magical but it's just so expensive too
  7. daveann

daveann Addicted to Mickey

would love to do it but work wont allow november or december holidays there so mean :(
  8. mickey10

mickey10 Earning my ears

We can't get there this year but would love to try it one year. I dont know if I'd rather say at an epcot resort like the beach club or the polynesian though.
  9. snowwhite129

snowwhite129 Earning my ears

We are planning our first Christmas at Walt Disney World this December 2011. Kids are all older now. We did so many Disney trips during the summer when they were little. We are looking forward to seeing all of the hotels decorated. Will probably stay at the WDW Dolphin.
  10. Shellyamc

Shellyamc Serious Forum Regular

I would love to see the decorations and be at WDW during the holiday 'season', but I have to say honestly that I would never spend Christmas at Disney :unsure: It would just be way too weird for me to not be home with family and snow. Just one of those special times of year and I would miss it way too much. Having said that we have already talked about going soon after Thanksgiving when the kids are a bit older :yes:
  11. Wendy

Wendy A hui hou kakou makuakane Staff Member Administrator

We have been twice, once before Christmas and then the other time we went before and during Christmas.

The decorations are lovely and the parade was good, but I didn't feel there was the "Christmas Spirit" :sigh: I was really disappointed :(

The first time in 2003 was better than 2008, it just seemed as though Disney have cut back a lot.

I was ill as well, so that probably didn't help, but I was really disappointed.

I would be willing to try again, but Dh isn't so sure, maybe we will try Thanksgiving one year.

If I did go again for Christmas, I would probably move to the Grand Floridian on Christmas Eve for 3 days and then go back to the house. Who knows :)
  12. disney-fan

disney-fan Imagineer

Been going to Disney for Christmas for years . i stay in fort wilderness . The campers decorate there sites. Hard to believe they do a better job than Disney.If your there it well worth the trip over to see them
  13. Kate

Kate Serious Forum Regular

We havent actually been there on "the" day, i think the crowds would really frustrate me - im not so good at queuing!! At the time of year we go we get all the christmassy stuff but without the crowds
  14. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

The attendance in the parks on Christmas day in particular is monumental. Truly shoulder to shoulder in some parks, like MK.

I don't know how anyone truly enjoys the attractions when it is so heavily attended. You are standing on line for two hours for Small World! :eek:

However, a little bit of it, an hour or two is truly fun, if you are ok with large LARGE groups of people. I like to mingle a bit, get a feel for it, people watch and then leave. :yes:

Truly, there is no point in having an agenda of things to do, or list of wants, or anything on that day. It's more a matter of, "if I can, I will, but I'll plan on not being able to!"

Going between Thanksgiving and Christmas is a great time to go to get the feel, but not have to deal with such large groups.

I find, living in Florida, that going to a Disney park during "the season" is instant Christmas Spirit. It took me years to get adjusted to not having a "northern" Christmas (weather wise, heck even clothing wise) but now I'm used to it.

Plus, if Christmas is religious to you in any way... how much snow was there in Bethlehem? ;)
  15. uscwest

uscwest Senior Cast Member

While we LOVE the Christmas season at WDW, I don't think we would ever actually be there over Christmas. Neither of us is that fond of large crowds. Braving EPCOT during F&W on a weekend is bad enough.