1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Christmas Day at MK

Discussion in 'General' started by gwennie81, Sep 30, 2009.

1. gwennie81

gwennie81 Earning my ears

Just as an FYI-
    I made my brother go to Magic Kingdom with me ON Christmas Day 2 years ago. We had a FANTASTIC time. However, it was SO PACKED! I did not think anyone would be there, that everyone would be at home with their families.
    WRONG!! By 1pm they had closed the entrance because the park had reached capacity. It was really busy. The lines for EVERYTHING were really long.
    This was just a head's-up. Again, Carl and I had a great time, the weather was GORGEOUS (I wore jeans and a light sweater, Carl was in jeans and a t-shirt). Plus, it was fun to walk down Main Street with all the decorations up and a cup of hot chocolate in my hands! Plus, they give the afternoon parade a Christmas theme (although it's NOT THE Christmas parade you see on t.v.)
    I just thought I'd give fair warning about the size of the crowds. GET THERE EARLY!!

2. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

Yep. That's pretty standard for MK. EPCOT closes sometimes too, but more so for NYE than Christmas.

Getting there at opening is the best idea. If it's going to be the least bit do-able it will be in the early morning hours. By noon the place is heaving! If you have an ADR for later in the day it's still strongly recommended you arrive early because you will not be allowed in if the gates are closed, ADR not withstanding.

3. Isafari

Isafari Wild Animal Expert

Christmas Day two years back, MK was closed at 10.30am! We had to go to Epcot instead where we had fish and chips for Christmas dinner! :lol:

4. Mari

Mari Serious Forum Regular

wow!!!

closed at 10:30??? We would have never made it!!

5. Isafari

Isafari Wild Animal Expert

we didn't!!! :lol:

6. Mari

Mari Serious Forum Regular

hahahahahaha

ok then we could have gone together to Animal Kingdom hahahaha