1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Christmas Day - where to go

Discussion in 'Walt Disney World' started by Isafari, May 7, 2013.

1. Isafari

Isafari Wild Animal Expert

We have spent the past 8 out of 10 Christmas Days at MK. the other 2 at Epcot. So, you can gather we are used to the crowds and parks reaching capacity.
    However, last Christmas Day we left MK early as the crowds just 'got to me'
    Don't know if I'm getting old (or older) or what but I fancy a non park Christmas Day this year.

Any suggestions? It's just myself and hubby.
    I don't want the day to be boring and too quiet - we do like to keep busy. Where would be open for dinner?

Discovery Cove is out because I would feel cheated as we already have AP's for SW and the price includes park days. Plus, the weather may not be warm enough.
  2. uscwest

uscwest Senior Cast Member

Diane,

I can't speak for the off-site restaurants but everything should be open on-site (read resorts) for dinner on Christmas Day.
  3. Britchick

Britchick Serious Forum Regular

Yeah I bet it would be a lovely day to tour the resorts
  4. keith

keith Camera nut Staff Member Administrator Forum Host

I don't have a good answer, I admit I haven't quite got to grips with Christmas day in Orlando as a tourist.

We've tried MK and EPCOT but neither felt very christmassy or special to be honest. The crowds were crazy too.

We've even ended up playing crazy golf then going to a, rather poor, Chinese on Christmas day.

I'd love it if there were some place that would do a monstrously huge Christmas dinner and have entertainment but I've not seen anything like that in Orlando
  5. Isafari

Isafari Wild Animal Expert

Hmm....never entered my head to have Christmas dinner at a resort.i think I'll have a look at menus :yes:
  6. Beccaberry

Beccaberry She's beccalicious! Forum Host

We booked the Grand Floridian Cafe when we were there in 2011. Quite enjoyed being "out of the parks" during such a busy time. We monorailed from resort to resort doing whatever we fancied and then finished off the evening with a "sleigh" ride at Ft. Wilderness. It was PERFECT :)
  7. Watchinherskip

Watchinherskip Better known as "That Guy"

Great idea! Haven't been there for Christmas Day, but have been in the resorts during the holidays. GF is stunning. We have had a chance to just relax in the lobby, have a drink, take in the music that seems to always be playing and people watched. I would think they all would be a great target for the day. You could get into Melle Kallikmaka at the Poly. Boardwalk is stunning during the season as well. We stayed at AKL last trip over the holidays and wow, the lobby was just awesome.
  8. Esmeralda

Esmeralda Serious Forum Regular

I think Gaylord Palms do a buffet or something special for Christmas Day but you'd have to book because it's very popular.