1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Christmas eve at Disney

Discussion in 'Disney Secrets!' started by klpaylor, Nov 16, 2010.

1. klpaylor

klpaylor Earning my ears

We need help, My family and I are going to Disney for the first time during christmas this year. we have a party of 6 adults , two 7 yr olds, one 4 yr old and an infant. We are only getting one day one park tickets for Magic Kingdom and we plan to use that on Christmas eve the entire day.

Can anyway tell us some secrets or tips to make it a good day. We are thinking we really need to be at the gate at 4 a.m. is that to drastic or not early enough?

Best place to eat that won't break us in magic kingdom?

Anyway , secret or hints that anyone can give us would be great. Just a few single moms trying to make it a magical day for our kids.

Thanks for any help
  2. Isafari

Isafari Wild Animal Expert

Not sure if you meant to type 4am or not!
    4am is WAY too early. We spend Christmas Day at MK and go around 9am. MK usually does reach capacity on Christmas Eve/Day but as long as your there for park opening, you'll be fine.
    I know MK closed at 10.30am a couple of years back.
  3. Isafari

Isafari Wild Animal Expert

If you go with an open mind as to what you will actually acheive on the day then you will be fine.
    It will be crowded, no question about that. The lines for the rides will be long so I'd use the fastpass for your must do attractions.
  4. catrancher

catrancher Assistant Cruise Director Forum Host

It will be crowded! Be prepared for long ride lines and bring an extra dose of patience.

The Disney Christmas Magic is worth it however! :wreath:

Tom :)macwave:... deck the halls and all that!)
  5. klpaylor

klpaylor Earning my ears

We went once in the summer .. we waited on lines up to 90 mins are we talking lines 90- min or more .. Last time we went at the begininng of August is it worse than that?
  6. klpaylor

klpaylor Earning my ears

yes, I meant 4 a.m. lol just want to be able to have the kids ride as many rides as possible. figured if we were kindof camping out we could be the first ones in the park . I just want them to be able to ride most of the rides while not missing the parades , I know we won't see most of the shows but would like to see one or two if possible . so I more realistic time would be maybe 8 a.m suppose. Thanks that makes things eaiser. Also do you think we will be waiting for a ride for 2 plus hours We plan to stay until the park closes that night
  7. Esmeralda

Esmeralda Serious Forum Regular

Hmn could you not do a rethink? Go Xmas Eve and not expect to get too much done, just go for the atmosphere, then go after Xmas to do the rides. A full day may make the kids cranky.

If not I find going anti clockwise around MK gets loads done.
  8. gwennie81

gwennie81 Earning my ears

Start out like normal. Attempt to arrive before 10am. The park will be packed to the jam-packed but do not be discouraged. It's still WDW. There is plenty of magic to go around! (Even if that means you have to skip a couple of ridiculously backed-up, overrated rides). Try to hit your favorites very first, or skip a parade, or leave until the very end of the evening close to fireworks time.