1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Cinderella French Toast

Discussion in 'Disney Recipes' started by gwennie81, Feb 5, 2010.

1. gwennie81

gwennie81 Earning my ears

I swear, if I ever have a little girl I will buy her a princess dress and take her to Cinderella's castle to eat and meet the princesses!

[​IMG]

If you like your breakfast on the indulgent side, then French toast is probably on the menu. At character breakfasts at Cinderella’s Royal Table in the Magic Kingdom at Walt Disney World, the French toast is a bit more decadent than most preparations. This preparation for Cinderella’s Royal Table’s Cheese French Toast from our 2002 recipe archive, illustrates how the chef quarters large cheese Danish, dunks them in a vanilla-scented flour and egg bath and then slips them into a deep fryer until crisp and golden brown.

For an optional topping, the chef sautes apple slices in butter and dusts the fruit with cinnamon and sugar before it is finished cooking. The result is a crowning touch of soft, not mushy, apples fit for a breakfast in any castle. At home, you can trim a few fat grams by using 2 percent milk for the egg and flour batter and purchasing lower-fat cheese Danish at the supermarket (check the frozen foods section).

Located in the Magic Kingdom at Walt Disney World, Cinderella’s Royal Table in Cinderella’s Castle is a storybook dining experience for lunch or dinner. Theme park admission is required. For dining information, call 407-939-3463.

CINDERELLA’S ROYAL TABLE’S CHEESE FRENCH TOAST FROM THE MAGIC KINGDOM
    Yield: 8 servings.
    3 eggs
    2 cups milk
    1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
    2 teaspoons baking powder
    4 tablespoons sugar
    2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
    1 quart frying oil
    6 cheese Danish, cut into quarters
    Cinnamon-sugar mixture for dusting fried toasts
    1. Mix eggs, milk and vanilla. Set aside.
    2. Sift baking powder, sugar and flour together, add to the egg mixture. Allow to stand for 10 minutes.
    3. Heat oil to 350 F. Dip quartered Danish in egg batter and place coated pieces into fryer. Fry until golden on one side. Turn Danish over to brown on the other side. Roll in cinnamon-sugar mixture and serve.
    Recipe note: For an indulgent topping, saute apple slices in butter and season with cinnamon and sugar.

[From the Orlando Sentinel]
  2. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

OMG Gwennie! :eek: My ateries are clogging just reading that! :eek: :lol:
  3. cdndisneymum

cdndisneymum Earning my ears

I AM SOOOOO MAKING THESE!!
    My son eats them all when we dine with the princesses!!
    yummy!