1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Citricos

Discussion in 'Restaurants, Dining, Dining Plans' started by Vikki, Sep 4, 2010.

1. Vikki

Vikki Serious Forum Regular

Next year will be our 10th wedding anniversary, while we are at wdw. Is this a good place to choose? We will have a 4 year old (who behaved beautifully at california grill last year) and a 7 month old. Obviously we will go early evening so the kids aren't out too late hehe :)
    Is it the sort of place we can dress up a bit and not look out of place? Will it be suitable for the kids? Do they do anything special for people celebrating?
    The menu looks fab so I hope this is the right place for us!

2. keith

keith Camera nut Staff Member Administrator Forum Host

OOOO congratulations! :yes:

First of all, I'm not a citricos fan. I THINK I'm in the minority :lol: certainly sir Slowhand likes it and I know he's usually a good indicator!

I found the food lacking, atmosphere less than great, view nothing to yell about and prices typically high for what it was. The white salmon was recommended to us and was utterly tasteless etc.

All THAT said :lol: the menu probably wasn't to my personal taste so if you like the look of the menu, your experience may well be different.

I definitely think it's more suitable, especially early on, for a 4 and 7 yr old than even the california grill. You can definitely dress up without looking out of place :yes:

They do tend to give a free dessert if they know you're celebrating :D and some sprinkles of pixie dust on the table.

I'll try it again sometime I guess but wherever you go I hope you have a fantastic anniversary :yes:

3. Kate

Kate Serious Forum Regular

Make sure you put on your booking about the anniversary - theres nothing worse than trying to drop "subtle" hints! :lol:

4. keith

oh GOSH is that *My* mickey ear hat on the table EEEEK hang on let me get it out your way whilst your serving drinks oh no, there goes my Mickey ANNIVERSARY pin hehe deary deary me

(you can so tell I've been there done that can't you :point: )

5. uscwest

uscwest Senior Cast Member

Donna and I love Citrico's. If you like veal their shank is second to none. You most certainly can dress up a bit without looking out of place. I know you want the children to be a part of your celebration but there are also "fairy godmothers" around Disney should you decide that you and Anthony would really like to celebrate this special occasion alone.

6. Vikki

7 months, not 7 years Keith :wink:

We looked into the babysitting idea when we went to Cali Grill last year and were actaually pleased we didn't. Ben enjoyed it as much as we did, he's really used to restaurants and all the staff made a huge fuss of him. Anyway I don't think I'd have been able to settle with him looked after by someone I didn't know. Same goes for the baby really, maybe even more so. I guess we'll just have to take her to lots of restaurants before we go to get her used to it :wink:

Another reason we fancied Citricos was last year we walked round to MK from the Contemp and had some wonderful night time photopass shots done of us all dressed up, and I'd really like to do that again. Thought we could do the same with this meal...apart from getting the monorail rather than walking of course :lol:

7. keith

you know me and kids, all the same to me :lol: :wink:

I honestly dont think anyone would have a problem :) the only problem is with the badly behaved ones

ooo always wanted to do one of those resort photopass shoots they always seem to get the best out of people

8. Britchick

Britchick Serious Forum Regular

I think we're going to do that, do you think the photographer would be annoyed if I rocked up with a list of shots? Lol

9. keith

I'm sure no more than you would be to have someone kidnap your creative vision :lol:

Nah I've heard that people do it all the time and in fact a lot of them will ask if you've any ideas on locations you specifically want etc. :yes: They seem totally fine with it

10. Britchick

Britchick Serious Forum Regular

Im thinking animal kingdom lodge

11. Slowhand

Slowhand Cruise Director Forum Host

As Keith said, my DW and I do enjoy Citrico`s and always make a point of dining there when we are at the GF. [Sorry to hear that you weren`t over impressed Keith :sorry:]

If you manage to get a table by the windows to the rear of the restaurant you will be able to get a reasonable view of the fireworks, although as you intend going there early then this probably won`t be an issue for you.

You certainly won`t feel out of place being "dressed up" as it is one of those places that has a more adult feel to it and apart from V & A`s, is an excellent choice for a celebratory dinner.

12. Vikki

Well, mine will be wonderfully behaved, of course :wink:

Sorry, not what I meant :) I meant we walked round to MK from CR and had some pics taken at night in MK, by the photopass photographers.

The only place I've seen a resort photopass photographer was at AKL, she was in the lobby and spend ages with us! We got some wonderful shots and she spent ages with Ben, really getting some giggles from him :yes:

This was one of us after our meal, all dressed up
    (hope this works, never done a photo on here)

[​IMG]

This was one from AKL
    [​IMG]

13. keith

hey no probs with that, we do it too and they're wonderful photos I agree :yes:

funnily enough us too last December! they did a great job in front of the christmas tree :yes:

14. Vikki

Have you ever seen them anywhere other than AKL?

15. keith

The grand floridian a couple of times and the wilderness lodge once :yes: