1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

closest best buy or other large store

Discussion in 'Shopping & Other Activities' started by Tom Morrow, May 24, 2009.

1. Tom Morrow

Tom Morrow Imagineer

hi

we'll be staying at pop century and normally go all the way to the florida mall but wondered if theres a closer place? somewhere with maybe a book store a best buy, walmart or something? sometimes I see places that look like they have a few shops as we go past on the way to the mall

2. keith

keith Camera nut Staff Member Administrator Forum Host

Not much help I'm afraid :( I always go to the one opposite the florida mall

3. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

Hmmmm, I think there is a Best Buy near Millenia Mall. That would give you quite a bit in that area; Millenia, the shops across the road, Ikea and (if I'm right) Best Buy. :unsure:

Maybe someone who shops there more often can confirm? :unsure:

4. keith

Never seen a bestbuy but then I'm a tourist and only see what the taxi goes past. There was a circuit city but that's closed I believe

5. Tink

Yep. You are right. That's what I'm remembering. :sigh: I don't get down there often.

OK, so no Best Buy there. I know there is one at Winter Garden Village, but that's north of Disney and I don't honestly think worth the price of a taxi. :unsure:

There are other shops there, and places to eat; it's great for locals, and those who drive.

6. keith

What else is at Winter garden village Tink? We'd really like something more relaxed that that best buy near the mall sometimes

7. Tink

There are clothing shops, "other sorts" (Kirkland, Home Place, Lowe's, that sort of thing). Barnes and Noble, Verizon... shoe shops, several different types of dining (from McDonald's to a lovely Japanese place, to Bone Fish, to Long Horn (across the way)) things like that.

Target. Staples. Ummm...Ross, Old Navy. Not much in the electronics department other than the Best Buy. Oh, and a Sports Authority is there too...

8. keith

ooooo that sounds pretty good to me to be honest! b&n, target, staples, best buy and someplace nice to eat! hmmmm may have to try and schedule

9. Tink

http://www.wintergardenvillage.com/
    Here's a link to the site for the shopping area. Keep in mind that it encompasses two sides of the four lane highway. It's easy enough to cross though. :yes:

There is definitely enough to keep you busy for awhile. :yes: It's just that there isn't much else around other than this shopping area... (residential is what I'm saying).

Wave if you go by. :D We're about three miles from Winter Garden Village.

10. keith

Thanks Tink!!

11. Tink

Oh! I forgot, there is a World Market there too. :yes: That's where the salty chocolate lives. :D :D (And other nice things to eat, along with a pretty decent wine selection). :yes:

12. keith

Well having had a look at the shops, there are pretty much all the ones we normally have to make several trips to see so if we could see them all in one trip and have a nice meal to round it off it may be worth the taxi fare depending how far away it is

13. Tink

Depending upon where you are staying, start at DTD. Tell them to go directly north on COUNTY route 535 (departing DTD take a left, follow the road until it "t's" then take a right and follow it until it "t's" again into 535. Take a left and follow it until it intersects with Fiquette (a Publix plaza will be directly in front of you) take a right. Follow the road (it will pass under the 429) until you come to Winter Garden Village.

Alternatively, if you are closer to AK/AKL take the cab west on 192 to 429. Take the 429 all the way to the Winter Garden/Vineland/535 exit. At the exit, take a left (passing under the 429) and Winter Garden Village will be "right there" on the right (for the most part, also some on the left).

All in all, it shouldn't take more than 20 minutes either way. The 429 is a toll road, but more direct (not necessarily shorter, just easier to follow).

14. uscwest

uscwest Senior Cast Member

There are apparently 4 Best Buys located in the Orlando area. I'm not ALL that familiar with where each of these is but Florida Mall sticks out.Best Buy

15. Tink

The information from that site must be old, as it doesn't bring up the new Best Buy at Winter Garden Village. :shrug: