1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Club level

Discussion in 'Resorts, Hotels, DVC, Villas' started by mrtoffee, Dec 3, 2009.

1. mrtoffee

mrtoffee Earning my ears

Hi all :wave:

Has anyone on here stayed in a club level room as i have read about them on the american forums.

If so are they worth the extra cash and can we book them from the UK?

Thanks guys

Paul

2. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

I don't know about booking from the UK, and I've only stayed at one.

Poly's concierge. It was quite nice with the snacks, drinks, etc. during certain periods of the day, but I would absolutely not pay extra for it anywhere. (We were complimentarily upgraded).

3. Slowhand

Slowhand Cruise Director Forum Host

I`m with Tink on this one.
    Although we`ve never stayed in Concierge, I don`t really think that we would benefit too much from it.
    I normally enjoy a hearty breakfast when on vacation so I would skip the continental breakfast on offer at Concierge.
    Also as we have normally made our ADR`s well in advance of our trip, I doubt whether we would benefit from that service too.
    We would also avoid the free "nibbles" in the afternoon so as not to spoil our dinners.

All in all, I don`t think that it is the way to go for us.

4. Britchick

Britchick Cast Member

i got a very good deal in the Poly Club level and we had nice breakfasts and evening snacks, we spent Christmas there 2002 i think - there were some great bargains then! We had a lovely time despite the concierge staff being very unhelpful. I have to stay i like the idea but we like to eat out so we wouldn't normally make the most of the facilities thus it's quite expensive. We did have a MK view- not sure of the room number but i gasped when i saw it out of the patio window. Happy days lol

have attached pic of view from patio :thumbsup:

Last edited: Sep 15, 2010
  5. Tink

Yes, that was the bigger disappointment, the concierge staff was unable to book any ADR that we requested. :sigh: What's the point then? :unsure:

6. Mari

Mari Serious Forum Regular

I havent stayed club level, however, with young kids I think the extra money is better spent in character meals :)

7. Mari

Mari Serious Forum Regular

thats a lovely view!!

8. BigThunder

BigThunder a cool thingy

We were complimentary upgraded once & I didn't see what the big deal was. The snacks were nice I guess if you were actually there to enjoy them. We left the room late so there was never much left & we got in late &, well, same thing. And there just wasn't any other feature that we needed. I was glad I didn't pay extra for it.

9. Tink

Kind of the same thing here. We really didn't need (or use) the very nice snacks (at the Poly). We did attend the evening offerings a couple of times and they were nice but the reality is that they spoiled our dinner! :lol: It's nice if it's free, but nothing at all to pay extra for unless you intend to have your breakfast out of there, and your dinner (and that would not really be so great).

Also, the Poly has the reputation for having the best snacks, so if you stay at another conceirge level, you may not have anything at all you like or want.

10. mrtoffee

mrtoffee Earning my ears

We didn't go for club level in the end as it looks like we would have been a bit tied to the resort inorder to get our moneys worth.

11. Slowhand

Slowhand Cruise Director Forum Host

I reckon that you`ve made the right decision..and saved yourself a few $$$`s too! :thumbsup:

12. Debbie2

Debbie2 Speedy!

We were upgraded to Club at the YC this year and it was very nice to be able to pop into the lounge for a drink/snack at various times of the day. The Concierge staff were unable to pull any strings to get ADRs - they could only book what I could get myself from my room phone. They never seemed very busy but offered regular greetings of Good morning, Have a great day, Good Night etc...

When we checked the upgrade rate it was silly money and whilst we thoroughly enjoyed it as a freebie I would not choose to pay the daily upgrade rate.

13. Tink

Yep, Debbie2, that's the general consensus. Nice that you had a free upgrade though! :yes: