1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Come and see my elephants!

Discussion in 'Trip Reports' started by Claire, Aug 28, 2008.

1. Claire

Claire She lost the crayons!

Big one today! Magic Kingdom!

Usual morning stuff so won't go into detail except to say Maisie made the breakfast and a grand job she did too.

As most of you know, Owen, my youngest, is Autistic and for the most part doesn't make a great deal of comment about things going on around him but today we had two occasions where he noticed familiar things and got very excited. The first of those was the arch you drive under on World Drive welcoming you to Walt Disney World. A little voice from the back of the car said 'Wow!, Walt Disney World'.

Parking was a breeze with a tram waiting for us at the end of the row.
    [​IMG]
    The tram got a 10/10 from Owen as we sped towards the TTC. Does anyone else have a tradition on their first visit to MK where it has to be the boat or it has to be the monorail that takes you to the main entrance? Up until this day we did. Always took the boat. This time though, once the two youngest saw the monorail, forget the boat!

Once through the gate we made our way to City Hall were we picked up Owen's GAC. This was easy. Maya was great and knew exactly what we needed. Owen's pass is stamped with something about using an alternative entrance. If I could be bothered to get up and read it I could put the exact wording down.

Hats bought from the Emporium to replace those left behind at home and then it was a stroll down Main Street towards this -

[​IMG]

This trip is all about 'firsts' for us. There are many things that we either have or haven't done before that makes this so. As an example this trip is the first as me being a non-smoker. It's the first trip we've done without lugging a buggy along. Another first this trip is this - Dole whip!

[​IMG]

None of us had ever had a Dole whip before so when we turned left at the end of Main Street into Adventureland it was the first place we headed for. We all shared one pineapple and one vanilla. Both got a big thumbs up!

Next thing to notice was the queue lengths. We did it in this order. Swiss Family Robinson treehouse, no queue (never really is), Jungle cruise, 5 mins, The Flying Carpets, 10 mins. With queues this short the GAC wasn't needed yet!

Next was Poppy's favourite as I'm sure it is for a lot of you. Pirates of The Caribbean! Queue time 20 mins so we had a chat and decided this was probably outside of Owen's limit. Out came the GAC. Let's see how we do. We approached a Cast Member who kindly guided us to an alternative entrance and we walked down a line with a couple of other people. Next thing we knew a Cast member was asking us how many in our party and we were loaded! Huge smiles all round as we did this ride. Even Owen seemed interested!

[​IMG]

Recognise this chap?

[​IMG]

From Pirates we leave Adventureland and enter Frontierland. Fries bought for the youngest members of the party whilst Daddy and Poppy go do Splash Mountain.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Whilst waiting we meet some old friends!

[​IMG]

This concluded our short visit to Frontierland as Maisie was desperate to get the Liberty Square and The Haunted Mansion! Quick photo op on the way just to prove I was with the family!

[​IMG]

Haunted Mansion was another reasonably longish queue. 30 mins. Out came the GAC again and a really lovely Cast Member took us through a side door into the first room of your journey through the Haunted Mansion. Thumbs up from everyone for this ride. Owen seemed to like it!

Moving on from Liberty Square we arrived in Fantasyland! A huge favourite for everyone in the family. First stop? Yep! IASW! A fast moving short queue took us to our boat and into the stuff of dreams (good or bad, you decide!).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Frogs!

[​IMG]

From It's A Small World we go back to what I was saying about firsts. During our visit to Fantasyland we did 2. Peter Pan's Flight and Snow White's Scary Adventure. Both were fab!

As we left Snow White Owen saw the Dumbo, flying elephants. This ride he is familiar with from DLRP. This was the second occasion were he showed excitement! As soon as he saw them he took my hand and said. Mum, come and see my elephants! Needless to say, we rode the elephants asap! From Dumbo it was to the carousel. Still looking at only 10 minute queues here!

My boys - xxx

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Maisie

[​IMG]

After exiting the carousel we all voted to call it a day and return to the swimming house. The rest of Magic Kingdom will have to wait till Friday when we return for our second visit of the trip.

Walking back down Main Street we stopped of at the bakery. Well it would be rude not to!

Coffee, sodas, apple and cherry turn-overs and cupcakes were consumed!
    Yummy!

Bumped into more friends as we made our way out of the park.

[​IMG]

A refreshing swim for all that afternoon was followed by a quick trip out for dinner. As you can imagine we were all worn out so it was a quick dinner at the Market St Cafe, a little visit to the fountains [​IMG]
    and then it was home to bed. Another fantastically exciting and busy day!

2. keith

keith Camera nut Staff Member Administrator Forum Host

Brilliant trip reports absolutely brilliant! It's really making me wish I was there though!! :yes:

3. Claire

Thanks Keith. I'm afraid I miss some of the detail out as I'm being badgered to get a move on more often than not! Doing these reports is the only time I can relax!

I'm getting a few photos for the site for you as well. Will sort them out for you when we get back Monday.

4. keith

keith Camera nut Staff Member Administrator Forum Host

FANTASTIC thanks so much :hug2: and really glad you're having a great time

5. Johnie

Johnie Budget Queen Forum Host

Sounds like a fun day!

6. Shellyamc

Shellyamc Serious Forum Regular

sounds like a Wonderful trip!! I love the pictures :yes:

7. uscwest

uscwest Senior Cast Member

Great trippie Claire. Good pictures.

8. Ursula

Ursula Cast Member

Enjoying these fankoo X

9. Isafari

Isafari Wild Animal Expert

Great report Claire.....and the photos are fantastic :p015:

10. daveann

daveann Addicted to Mickey

everyone looks to be having such fun :)

11. Britchick

Britchick Serious Forum Regular

look at you Miss Skinny!!! and well done for giving up smoking, i know it's difficult:hug2:

12. lisaw

lisaw Serious Forum Regular

Great to see a pic of you Claire - you are looking great! :hug2:

I am loving these day by day reports and I am encouraged by those wait times - I kkeep waking up in a cold sweat worring about the heat and queuing next August - you have made me feel better! :D

Keep having a great time! :smiley4:

13. mumof2

mumof2 Serious Forum Regular

what a fantastic day! :D

14. Dizneyblonde

Dizneyblonde Secret's Birthday Fairy!

Another great day hun.

Glad you got the GAC ok and that it works well for Owen.
    As Lisa said the queue times are looking good for us next August.

Great to see 'my' Castle again to!!!

15. Claire

Thank you. Nearly two years smoke free!

16. Claire

I think it helps that the schools have gone back locally Lisa. The crowds are very light!

17. Claire

Your castle's looking just fine T! :yes:

18. Wendy

Wendy A hui hou kakou makuakane Staff Member Administrator

Great report Claire :hug1: