1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Comedy Warehouse Returns to Disney’s Hollywood Studios

Discussion in 'Walt Disney World News & Rumors' started by Wendy, Nov 29, 2012.

1. Wendy

Wendy A hui hou kakou makuakane Staff Member Administrator

comedy-warehouse.jpg

The Comedy Warehouse which used to be a part of Pleasure Island is returning to Disney’s Hollywood Studios again for a limited run in “The Comedy Warehouse Holiday Special.”

Last year the show ran for seven days and played to capacity crowds at the park’s ABC Sound Studio. Due to popular demand, it is returning this year from the 23rd December to the 5th January and is included in regular Disney’s Hollywood Studios park admission. The show is also moving to a larger venue at the Premiere Theater, and its run is being extended to 14 days. Now, even more Comedy Warehouse fans and park guests will have a chance to participate in this uniquely hilarious live show.

“’The Comedy Warehouse Holiday Special’ is like a family reunion of the Cast of the Comedy Warehouse,” said Show Director Chris Oyen. “We’re so happy to be able to bring everyone together again for the holiday season and to put on this show. It’s a gift from our family to yours.”
  2. foreverducky

foreverducky Addicted to Mickey

I wish that they'd come back in general!
  3. Isafari

Isafari Wild Animal Expert

Another thing to add to our list....must try to catch this :yes:
  4. Wendy

Me too :sigh: I miss Pleasure Island as it used to be, we hardly go over there anymore, it's just not the same :(
  5. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

It most certainly is not the same, Wendy. :hug2: Nothing at all to recommend it. There is still Raglan Road, but the food in Cooke's has fallen off. :sigh: The entertainment at RR is still very good though.

I still don't understand the whole dismantling of the clubs that were so well attended on PI. :(
  6. Wendy

I used to love the stage at the end where they have those silly chairs now, we saw some good acts there, it really did feel like a party and I never saw anyone angry or trying to cause trouble :shrug:
  7. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

Same here. It used to be a weekend thing to do, walk around PI, listen to some music, take it all in. Always fun, always a good time.

Now? Meh. About as much fun as going to the same old shopping mall, and we all know how much I love to shop.
  8. foreverducky

foreverducky Addicted to Mickey

I'm confused by it all too. Not that I was a big PI person, but it was worth enjoying during a trip.