1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Coming to Disneyworld for Christmas 2011

Discussion in 'Intro's and Welcomes!' started by momzub, Oct 17, 2011.

1. momzub

momzub Earning my ears

Hi,

My husband and I have not been to Disney since '70 and '75, (separately and as teenagers). So here we are planning a Christmas vacation to Disney with our 3 children (daughter = 15, 2 boys = 12). We have never been on a serious family vacation, and this is currently a surprise for our kids. I am overwhelmed already by what I have read with crowds, and planners, and $$$$$!

With all that, we've decided to be in Hollywood Studios for Christmas day/evening and have made a dinner reservation at the Brown Derby for Christmas dinner and are "winging" it to see Fantasmic, and of course will go see the Osbourne lights.

Any thoughts/advice/opinions are most welcome to this worried mom who is doing all planning by herself.
    thanks.
    Cathy:unsure:

2. uscwest

uscwest Senior Cast Member

To be on the safe side, go early and stay late. Don't leave the park. Even with an ADR you won't be guaranteed re-admittance. Don't be surprised if there are long waits for the attractions. Where are you staying?

3. momzub

momzub Earning my ears

Outside the park in Kissimee.

4. Mari

Mari Serious Forum Regular

ENJOY!!!

Enjoy being there, being with your family, looking at the decorations... if you have time, do hop on the monoriel and get off at the different resorts to look at the decorations

The crowds WILL be massive, so just try to go on the rides you REALLY want, use the fastpass as much as possible and take it easy.

Have a wonderful time!