1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Congratulations to ME!

Discussion in 'Birthdays and Celebrations!' started by foreverducky, Apr 29, 2009.

1. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

Hey! What the HECK???? How did I miss this thread???

:champers2: Let's have another toast!! :yes: What a great practicum. Be hyper alert for transference, ok? :yes: :hug2: You'll learn more than you ever believed, and it will go a long way toward furthering your growth as a psychologist. :yes:

Take care now Kiddo, and next time send me the news by carrier pigeon or something so I don't miss it! :D :D :hug2:

2. foreverducky

foreverducky Addicted to Mickey

Hey Tink! :wave:

I have to admit, I kept hoping you would show up. :hug2:

As always, great words of wisdom.....eyes are now peeled for transference. I think it's going to be a fantastic site. I am so looking forward to it. I start the training that everyone has to complete to work with clients on Tuesday and then the actual practicum starts early August.

3. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

You'll be the best! :yes: It is a very emotionally draining (for the client) time, and transference is always a high probability during those severely distressing times. That's why I mentioned it.

Make sure you have some iron clad outlets for yourself to rejuvenate and re-energize too. I mean more than a "little thing" that helps you through a tough spot. You'll need regularly scheduled "treats/breaks/rewards" that are self defined, you know? If you love to have a pedicure for instance, be certain to book one, or perhaps a half a spa day (say, after two months) that sort of thing. You will need something to just take yourself mentally away from all the emotional onslaught that is headed your way.

Again, it's going to be an excellent practicum for you! :yes: (Beware now! A practicum such as this has been known to change the course of people's careers)! :D :D :hug2:

4. foreverducky

foreverducky Addicted to Mickey

Thanks Tink! Maybe I'll start to have a regularly scheduled massage. :yes: