1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Contemporary pools shut jan-mar 09, guests to use polynesian pool

Discussion in 'Walt Disney World News & Rumors' started by eeyoreguy, Sep 15, 2008.

1. eeyoreguy

eeyoreguy Earning my ears

As of January 5, the pools at the Contemporary will close for two months. They will be adding a kids' splash zone, redoing the pool deck (new and larger tiles), and doing a massive landscape renovation, removing all the crape myrtles and adding lots of palm trees. It will have a more tropical look throughout. While the pool is closed, the Polynesian pool will be available to all Contemporary guests.

2. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

Let's hope it's not too crowded. The Poly pool at the end of August, beginning of September was mobbed. Granted, that is a hotter time of the year, but I can't imagine sharing that pool.

I found the Poly pool to be a real disappointment. :( No hot tub, and awkward with that volcanic slide. We used the quiet pool and were much happier with that (barring the lack of a hot tub).

Can you tell? We really like to have a hot tub!? :lol:

3. Slowhand

Slowhand Cruise Director Forum Host

You should have pool hopped over to the GF Tink.
    Not that I`ve ever ventured in it, but there is a very popular hot tub there. :thumbs_up:

4. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

I didn't think that was allowed? Don't let Herself see this! :eek: That's exactly what she wanted to do and I nixed it as unauthorized. :unsure: :oops: