1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Copper wire discovered!

Discussion in 'Just for Laughs and Games' started by catrancher, May 19, 2011.

1. catrancher

catrancher Assistant Cruise Director Forum Host

After having dug to a depth of 10 feet last year outside of New York City, New York scientists found traces of copper cable dating back 200 years. They came to the conclusion their ancestors already had a telephone network more than 200 years ago.

Not to be outdone by the New Yorkers, in the weeks that followed, a Los Angeles , California archaeologist dug to a depth of 20 feet somewhere just outside Oceanside . Shortly after, a story in the LA Times read: "California archaeologists report a finding of 300 year old copper cable, have concluded that their ancestors already had an advanced high-tech communications network a hundred years earlier than the New Yorkers."

One week later, a local newspaper in Cumming, Georgia reported the following: "After digging down about 30 feet deep in his pasture near the community of Deep Step, Bubba, a self-taught archaeologist, reported that he found absolutely nothing. Bubba has therefore concluded that 400 years ago, Georgia had already gone wireless".

Just makes me so proud to be from Georgia!

Tom :)macwave:... proud, I tell ya!)

2. robertcraig

robertcraig Serious Forum Regular

Airdrie, North Lanarkshire, United Kingdom
    My type of humour:happybounce::happybounce::happybounce: