1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Coral reef anygood?

Discussion in 'Restaurants, Dining, Dining Plans' started by disney1sttimer, Sep 4, 2008.

1. disney1sttimer

disney1sttimer Earning my ears

Is the coral reef restaurant at epcot any good?

2. kazzaqld

kazzaqld Addicted to Mickey

Brisbane, Queensland, Australia, Australia
    It's one I wouldn't be in a hurry to go back to. They didn't bring our appetiser out before bringing out the entree! and when we complained, brought it all out at once - there isn't enough room on those tables for two courses at once!

I was quite underwhelmed really. It might have been better if we'd had a table closer to the tank, but I found it crowded, noisy and dark!

:(

3. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

I've not eaten there in ages, but didn't have the best experience either. One of the odder things was that the bread served at the beginning of the meal was horrid. It tasted terrible and was actually inedible.

I was not impressed by the quality of the seafood we ordered. It was not fresh and that for me is terrible for a seafood restaurant.

For the price, we haven't been back.

4. Slowhand

Slowhand Cruise Director Forum Host

The first time we had dinner there a few years ago we thought it was great. The food was fine even though it felt kinda strange eating fish when their relatives were watching you eat from their aquarium!
    We went again a couple of years ago and we thought that the standards had certainly dropped and we won`t be in a hurry to eat there again until we hear more favourable reports.

5. keith

keith Camera nut Staff Member Administrator Forum Host

hmm gulp we've never eaten there but have it booked for a "new experience" in december. Sounds like it may be a new experience we don't enjoy :lol:

6. Slowhand

Slowhand Cruise Director Forum Host

You never know Keith, things may have improved by now....we haven`t been for a couple of years as I said
    Maybe you and Helen will be the ones to furnish that "good report" I am waiting for! :lol:

7. Watchinherskip

Watchinherskip Better known as "That Guy"

We ate there last Thanksgiving and it was less than stellar. Long wait, food was ok at best, not worth the wait though. We ate there on our first trip and it was a lot better, or is my memory fading.....:shocked025:

8. Isafari

Isafari Wild Animal Expert

:rolleyes2: won't go back there!

I had an episode which left me not wanting to back to CR any time soon....or later!
    I had asked for my meal which was pork to come plain with no sauce and the meat well done.
    When it came, it had no sauce apart from the blood leeking out of my pork when I cut into it.:(
    I sent it back to be cooked well. When I got it back, I got a fresh piece of meat that was cooked well but covered in sauce :rolleyes008:
    I grudgingly sent it back again as I couldn't eat it. When it came back the third time....it was my original piece of pork that I had cut into first time, well cooked and with no sauce. BUT.....I couldn't eat it because I was wondering if they had rescued that original piece from the trash! :lol:

9. Johnie

Johnie Budget Queen Forum Host

I was there with Karen. They also lost our reservation! They couldn't find it under any of our names or phone numbers. They were going to seat us but we'd have to wait 2 hours :rolleyes008: Alysia walked out to the car and got my ADR list and then they magically found us. Our table as horrible. We were at the very top of the restaurant and could barely see the tank. I wasn't impressed at all.

10. Watchinherskip

Watchinherskip Better known as "That Guy"

Sounds like we were there the same night!!:p015: We really might have, was that on the November trip Johnie?

11. keith

keith Camera nut Staff Member Administrator Forum Host

I HATE that.. have had it a few times at different places at Disney :/

12. Johnie

No, that was in Feb of 06 or 07...now I can't remember years.

13. Mags

Mags Serious Forum Regular

im just back and booked on the basis of the many good recent reviews. The food was amazing! In fact it was one of the best meals we had at WDW. I would give it a shot. Yum yum.

Margaret

14. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

What did you have there Mags?

15. Mags

Mags Serious Forum Regular

Ds had the lobster bisque and blackened catfish. He had the key lime pie for dessert. I had the New York strip which was absolutely delicious and the chocolate wave. Dd had the seafood linguine and key lime pie as well.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sorry I havent been able to upload the photos to the gallery - they are copied form Photobucket.

Margaret

16. kazzaqld

kazzaqld Addicted to Mickey

Brisbane, Queensland, Australia, Australia
    Johnie, that's right that was there!

It was Feb 07 - and as a result of that I keep all our ADRs in my PDA now! :lol:

17. BevW

BevW Addicted to Mickey

This is all good to know..I've always wanted to try this place...but maybe now I'll go try something else! Especially where the special isn't swimming around watching you eat! :lol:

18. Johnie

:lol: Of course this happened the one and only time I didn't have my ADR list with me.

19. luvthemouse

luvthemouse My nickname is DANGER

We tried it, again (we were with Kazza and Johnie for that Feb. meal), last September, and it was ok at best. Actually, truth be told, I spent the rest of the aftenoon/evening in and out of the bathroom. We had planned on doing the Food and Wine festival that night, but I couldn't eat a thing..:sick007:

20. Figment

Figment Imagineer

Wow...I haven't gotten to this on my trip report yet, but we had a wonderful lunch there just last week. The bread was absolutely divine...a nice crusty ciabatta...we asked for more. We didn't go with seafood...Marcus and I both had the steak which was very good and Jordan had a chicken breast that was delicious and moist. ..the scalloped potatos were very good. And the chocolate wave I had for dessert was my favorite of the entire trip...I even got the recipe. We were seated on the first level, not right at the tank but still close enough for a great view. Our waitress was just wonderful, too.:p015: