1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Cornwall part 3

Discussion in 'Non Disney Trips and Travels' started by Dawn, Jun 4, 2009.

1. Dawn

Dawn carpe diem-ing Forum Host

Monday

Steven woke at 6am - again. :giveup:

But it meant we could curl up on the sofa together watching CBeebies and playing all those silly little games together that we hadn't had the chance to do for ages because we're always in a rush in the mornings and there's no time to have quality time messing about together. :thumbsup:

Steven had Cookie Crisp from his mini boxes for breakfast. I had boiled eggs and soldiers. :yes:

Today is bank holiday monday. It's also the day we visit the inlaws. Which is kind of annoying. The whole reason we booked this was that so we could have some time together as a family without having to rely on anyone else. When Adrian told MIL we had booked a week in Cornwall the first thing she said was that they would come and see us. :nono: Adrian was very good and put his foot down and said, no this is for us to have some family time. MIL sulked. And sulked. And sulked. Adrian said we would visit them for one day. :furious:

Bank holiday monday seemed good as we weren't going to go near any touristy places on this day. So after breakfast we set off. As we drew closer the car conversation got quieter and quieter. Adrian said we must be practising for the day ahead. :lol:

Ummm, Steven enjoyed himself as they had Lego for him to play with. Adrian told me he'd seen the breadmaker was on. :sorry:

Anyway lunch was crisps, quiche, cheese, sausage rolls. Does coleslaw count as a vegetable? :unsure:

After lunch we took Willow and the inlaws for a walk because if we're coming here we may as well make it a productive trip. We went down to a local bridleway to set the second Disney Secrets cache. :thumbsup: The inlaws will be looking after it for us. After checking out lots of places we found a suitable hiding spot and they promised to remember where it was.

A couple of pictures snapped on the way back.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

After a bit more of sitting around it was time for dinner which was essentially the same as lunch but with bread added. :unsure:

We left there about 6pm as we needed to get back to the bungalow by 8pm for the start of Springwatch - it's my best. :D

On the drive back I saw a bird. Not unusual in this country but this bird was big and I'd never seen one like it before. However, I'd bought my newly acquired copy of the RSPB guide to British birds with me and on arrival back at base I identified the bird as a buzzard - now that made me happy.:thumbsup:

We ate some fruit :D and I just made it to the end of Springwatch before falling asleep.

2. Disneybumble

Disneybumble The Secret is in the Sauce.

Duty done on with the rest of the holiday. Did you stash any books in there house for your next trip.

3. Dawn

Dawn carpe diem-ing Forum Host

:doh:

4. Mari

Mari Serious Forum Regular

WHAT????

just 2 pics?? :)

loved the field... and the contrast between the yellow and the bird...

5. Deb

Deb Serious Forum Regular

Glad to see that the duty trip passed reasonably uneventfully without too many bread-shaped objects on the table :yes:

Love the birdie photo :thumbsup:

Is this a good time to tell you we have 4 buzzards living in the vicinity of our garden and that they are probably nesting? :unsure: :D

6. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

Are buzzards not a common bird in England, then? They are all over the place here. Icky birds, but they do serve a huge environmental purpose. :sigh:

Doesn't sound like the visit was so bad after all! It was on a day where you weren't going to be doing anything else, and paying the family token visit is a necessary thing from time to time, eh? :yes:

Remind me I said that when I start fussing about having to go to the northeast this summer. Twice. :sigh: :wink:

Nice photos. :yes: Thanks!

7. mainecoon lover

mainecoon lover Addicted to Mickey

Sounds like a fun packed day.

8. uscwest

uscwest Senior Cast Member

And what may I ask are soldiers?

9. Jodie

Jodie Addicted to Mickey

Perfect, the in-laws done quickly in the week and now your free to have fun!