1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Counter Service Meals

Discussion in 'Restaurants, Dining, Dining Plans' started by Isafari, May 2, 2010.

1. Isafari

Isafari Wild Animal Expert

Our next trip is going to be on a very tight budget so we will be looking at all counter service meals in the parks - SW/BG/US/WDW

Where can you recommend that won't have us eating fries/chicken strips/hotdogs all holiday?

2. Dawn

Dawn carpe diem-ing Forum Host

That place in Morocco and the Electric Umbrella food court in Epcot. :thumbsup:

3. Tinkfan

Tinkfan Earning my ears

Yak and Yeti counter service, Flame Tree, Sunshine Seasons, Contempo Cafe in the Contemporary Resort, Starring Rolls in HS!!!:yes:

4. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

Publix. Go there and buy some things for lunch (they have prepared salads, with or without chicken breast or shrimp, ect). There is a huge variety.

Get a small soft sided cooler, with a gel pack that you can freeze and carry in your own lunches (at least at WDW). We've done that for years (for more reasons than just economy) and it's a great budget stretcher (and quite a bit more healthy)! :yes:

If you want to have other choices, then the counter services of the World Showcase offer some of the best variety.

Columbia House in the MK has a nice selection of different items too.

Cosmic Ray's has a wide selection, but to be honest their food isn't so great. :(

5. Johnie

Johnie Budget Queen Forum Host

TBH, I love the counter service in Morocco and Sunshine Seasons, but they are rather pricey.

Japan is pretty good. China's counter service is ok, well we've only had the egg rolls and dumplings over there. The bakery in Norway now has some pretty tasty looking sandwiches. Also, the bakery in France, you can get a nice cheese plate and a huge loaf of crusty bread. That can make a nice meal.

Pecos Bill at MK has a nice chicken wrap. It's huge though.

umm we don't really do counter service at DHS. Quite frankly, nothing there sticks out for me. Same for AK.

Earl of Sandwich in DTD still is a good price and I like their sandwiches and salads.

6. Tinker

Tinker Earning my ears

across from Beauty and The Beast at DHS , behind where you buy the turkey legs are others counter service meals , huge chicken ceasar salads that are soooo good .
    Sister Tink, thank you , never realized Columbia House was considered a counter service . Will go there in August .

7. Tinker

Tinker Earning my ears

Pinnochio Haus also in the MK has salads, pizza and such . If your lucky grab a table near the window andwave to the guests going on IASW .