1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Rumour Credit card required for all TS ADR's from 31st Oct.

Discussion in 'Walt Disney World' started by disneymom, Oct 2, 2013.

1. disneymom

disneymom Imagineer

Disney is to expand it's cancellation policy from 31st Oct 2013.
    All table service ADR's will require a credit card and it will be charged $10 per person for no-shows. You will have to cancel before 24hrs like currently for CRT etc.

For dinner shows etc where you pay up front, the entire amount will be retained in the event of failing to cancel. The new policy also applies to non-Disney operated restaurants.

This is for bookings made from 31st Oct. If you already have one you will not be affected.

good or bad idea??

2. Johnie

Johnie Budget Queen Forum Host

It's needed because so many people book multiple restaurants because they can't choose and then don't cancel. It's been a huge problem

I feel bad for those who do not have a credit card or don't like to use them.

3. Wendy

Wendy A hui hou kakou makuakane Staff Member Administrator

I think it's a good idea, hopefully it will mean more availability for genuine diners.

4. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

I know the Wave does not require a credit card hold and they have truly hundreds of now shows per night. 200-250 or more. It bogs down the system and prevents them from taking in walk ins. It makes for a very uncomfortable situation for the servers because people see that the place is slow but can't get seated. Disney needs to return some decision making powers to the people and not rely so heavily on the automated system.

5. uscwest

uscwest Senior Cast Member

I do feel sorry for the folks who do not have or do not use credit cards, but if it cleans up the booking system I'm all for it

6. Britchick

Britchick Cast Member

I completely agree with the credit card hold to stop people from making multiple bookings and not showing up but 24 hours notice? I sometimes change my mind on the day and always cancel, what if you're ill? Etc etc very annoying

7. Dawn

Dawn carpe diem-ing Forum Host

We ate breakfast in an almost empty Ohana's this trip. If this allows walk ups to return then brilliant.

8. DisneyFreak

DisneyFreak Serious Forum Regular

Again, it's always the few who ruin it for the rest of us. I'm all for it though if it allows more walk ups.

We have made a lot of reservations and canceled reservations right on our phone while on our trips. There are no more excuses for people not to do the right thing.

Beccaberry likes this.
  9. Figment

Figment Imagineer

I think it's definitely a good thing, as well. And people that don't have credit cards can get debit cards that will function as a Visa/Mastercard for this kind of thing. We use mostly debit cards (only recently getting a credit card again) and I make reservations all the time with the debit card.

10. Vikki

Vikki Serious Forum Regular

We had an ADR for breakfast at Chef Mickey's and Ben woke up in the morning ill. They cancelled it no problem.

11. keith

keith Camera nut Staff Member Administrator Forum Host

I'm for it too BUT it does create problems.

A work colleague booked crystal palace (at my recommendation because they wanted dinner and see the characters). By the time their reservation came up, they had some very tired kids and just knew they wouldn't be able to make it through. So they went to the podium, waited 20 minutes hearing them say "sorry no tables" to loads of people, got to the front and were told they'd be charged as a no show. They asked if they could give the reservation to someone and told no.

So yeah, it's a good thing to make sure people are serious and they cancel but Disney need to be less stupid about cancelling as well

Beccaberry likes this.
  12. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

Yes. I honestly believe that if someone cancels, even at the podium just a bit before the meal, that should be accepted. It's ridiculous to make exhausted children stay for a meal that they are not going to enjoy, and as a result others won't either.

Not allowing them to give the reservation to others who were being turned away is utter nonsense.

Beccaberry likes this.
  13. Beccaberry

Beccaberry She's beccalicious! Forum Host

I echo the sentiments shared here. I think it's important to have some manner of cancellation policy, but 24 hours seems VAST in "Disney time" and CM's really should be allowed to use their own brains from time to time (as in the case of Keith's friend or ill children).

On our most recent trip, we had an ADR for Boatwrights, but after spending the entire day in the hot sun (and at the Food & Wine Festival) the idea of traveling to POR (via Disney transportation) was simply overwhelming. Luckily, we were able to cancel our reservation at Boatwrights (at 2:00pm for our 6:00pm ADR) and make another ADR for Cape May Cafe at 6:30. Under the new policy, we would have lost $40 - seems a bit harsh to me. I understand the need for a new policy, but let's not pigeon hole folks so tightly that there's no room for impulsivity of any kind - especially on vacation!

keith likes this.