1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

credit/debit card chip&pin

Discussion in 'General' started by disneymom, Aug 4, 2008.

1. disneymom

disneymom Imagineer

Hi, when I used my debit card in orlando it came up on the machine saying credit card / chequeing account and things like that? Which do I use for a debit card? Do they use the pin numbers or signatures and what am I charged for using debit?

2. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

Does your debit card have a credit card logo on it, like Visa etc.? If so, you can use it as a credit card (with the amount spent coming immediately and directly from your account).

If not, if the debit card is connected only to your bank, then the fees can vary greatly from place to place. Best to check with your bank. They may levy a fee, and then the POS will/may levy an additional one.

So, best to have that logo then there are no fees and in many places you can get cash along with your purchases (Publix, Walgreen's, Walmart to name a few).