1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Cricut bugs?

Discussion in 'Arts, Crafts & Scrapbooking' started by disneymom, Jul 22, 2008.

1. wdwgrandma

wdwgrandma Addicted to Mickey

Provo Craft (Cricut folks) sells paper but I don't buy it. I buy standard card stock. It will also cut vellum.
  2. disneydiva

disneydiva Earning my ears

I have one and love it although its not an expression

Its very addictive but can take ages to build up each level, its my favourite gadget
  3. wdwgrandma

When I first thought about getting one, I wasn't sure I'd have a use or need for it. Now I use it all the time! Combined with other techniques (stamping, etc), you can do so much with it.

I gave away many of my punches because I can do just about anything with the Cricut that I can do with a punch - and in lots more sizes! No more buying a 2" square punch, a 1.5" square punch, etc. I just pop "George" into my Cricut and cut squares any size I want - and as many as I need!
  4. goofygal

goofygal Imagineer

do they take up much space and what about the templates to make the shapes, are they expensive to buy?
  5. wdwgrandma

My Cricut Expressions uses 12"x12" paper, so add 3 or 4 inches to each side and you get the size of the machine.

The cartridges you buy (no templates) can cost anywhere from $35 to $100. I buy mine from a couple different websites and get the best price I can - usually considerably less than Michael's wants or what I'd pay if I bought them from the Cricut site.

Each cartridge has multiple functions, so there are usually hundreds of different things per cartridge to cut out.
  6. daveann

daveann Addicted to Mickey

Donna have you any piccies of things they produce i am intrested to see what you can do with them
  7. wdwgrandma

Were you on the Christmas card list this year? The Mickey snowman was made with the Cricut.

If you go to the cricut website (cricut.com) you can see the different cartridges that are available.
  8. Slowhand

Slowhand Cruise Director Forum Host

Just a heads up for any UK "Cricutters". The cartidges are a darn sight more expensive over here. For this reason my DW makes sure that we visit Michaels whenever we go over there.