1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Crowds in October

Discussion in 'Walt Disney World' started by katycoco, Jul 24, 2013.

1. katycoco

katycoco Imagineer

Hi we have decided to go to wdw in October 2014. We haven't been this time of year before, are the parks busy?'

thanks
    kate. Xx
  2. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

That's a beautiful time of year to go. :yes:

The parks will have periods of being quite busy with Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween part at the MK, and the Food and Wine Festival at EPCOT. The FWF is VERY busy at the weekend, so go during the week when it is much quieter.

Generally, those special events are held at that time of year because it tends to be slower than other times of the year.
  3. DisneyFreak

DisneyFreak Serious Forum Regular

One of my favorite times to go. For the most part crowds will be minimal except for the times Tink mentions above.
  4. uscwest

uscwest Senior Cast Member

I'm not really sure there are what I would call minimal crowds any longer. We've been down for F&W the last 3 years and were also there in February this year and all of the parks were quite busy. Certainly not Christmas/New Years, Spring Break/Easter,or July/August busy but busy enough that we had to wait longer than we usually would for some of the ride/attractions. All that said however, October is a great time to go. As Tink mentioned, stay away from EPCOT on the weekend.
  5. Shellyamc

Shellyamc Serious Forum Regular

We have always gone in October and we love it. This year is our first try at something different.

The weather is usually perfect. In the 80's during the day and 70's in the evening. It has always been warm enough to jump in the pool before bed :yes:

The crowds depend on Columbus day, we have found. Leading up to the holiday things got quite a bit more crowded (wait times around 30-45 minutes), but on Tuesday after the holiday things dropped right off again. Our wait times have always been more like 15-20 minutes for most rides. Our last trip we were able to walk onto Buzz Lightyear and PoC. All in all you should be pretty happy with you choice :yes:
  6. Watchinherskip

Watchinherskip Better known as "That Guy"

Never been at that time, but would imagine that the weather may be the best of the whole year. That is if you don't get slammed by the odd late season hurricane. Gotta love the fall.
  7. mandyloowho

mandyloowho Earning my ears

We have the 18-24 planned to attend. I'm hoping it's not awful with FWF and MNSSHP.
  8. Johnie

Johnie Budget Queen Forum Host

This is exactly right. The parks are all busy and there really is no slow time any longer.
  9. uscwest

uscwest Senior Cast Member

If you stay away from EPCOT (F&W) on the weekends you should be OK. MNSSHP is a separate ticket that takes place only on select nights. That shouldn't bother you during the day time.