1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Crystal Palace Breakfast

Discussion in 'Restaurants, Dining, Dining Plans' started by Suebeattie, Apr 23, 2013.

1. Suebeattie

Suebeattie Addicted to Mickey

Hi guys!
    Ive been looking at the crystal palace for a potential character breakfast.
    Im trying to find out a rough cost but the menu on the secrets site says the price for an adult is around $28 at the most and the main disney site says between $36 and $50.
    Does anyone know which one is most up to date?
    :wiggle:

2. uscwest

uscwest Senior Cast Member

Note that the price of this meal varies based on the time of year (peak seasons vs regular season), and even on the day of the week (weekday vs weekend). The general price ranges for this meal are as follows:

Adult price range: $24.49-$28.75; Child (ages 3-9) price range: $13.84-$15.97

Tax is included; gratuity is not included. A standard, non-alcoholic beverage is included in this price.

3. Beccaberry

Beccaberry She's beccalicious! Forum Host

If you go, I'll truly be interested to hear about your experience here. This used to be one of our families "must do" meals, but the last two times we've been we have been so underwhelmed, I doubt we'll be back any time soon. The food was lackluster even for a buffet, and the character interaction was practically non-existent. The whole experience just felt rushed. I wondered at first if it was because my children are a bit older now, so perhaps the characters move through them a bit quicker, but friends of ours with small children just returned and said the same thing about their experience.

4. Wendy

Wendy A hui hou kakou makuakane Staff Member Administrator

Those are the correct prices Sue, the price varies depending on season and events. I would think the prices range from breakfast to dinner on the Disney site, although the dinner at peak season isn't $50 :unsure:

I've only just updated the prices :)

5. Deafjeff

Deafjeff Serious Forum Regular

We went there last year and to our surprise we are also felt underwhelmed. As this is used to be our special place.

We prefer the food at Hollywood and Vine. We did go for character breakfast at CP and it was nice place to go on our last day.

We felt that for character buffet we prefer Chef Mickey. So we booked there for our second night at WDW :yes:

Jeff

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

6. Suebeattie

I thought that might of been the case but just wanted to double check - thanks Wendy :yes:

Hmmm I think I might give it a miss if its not any good now. Will have a look into chef mickeys - thanks jeff :yes:

7. Wendy

Wendy A hui hou kakou makuakane Staff Member Administrator

We went to Crystal Palace for dinner a few years ago, we took our friends girls as they were having an adult only night, Chris was really ill afterwards. We haven't been back since, we also felt that the interaction with the characters and the girls was very poor, Liv the youngest was all excited to see them but it was difficult getting them to spend time with her.

I wouldn't go back again.

Chef Mickeys for breakfast is noisy but it is fun and the characters seem to spend a lot of time with guests.

8. Beccaberry

Beccaberry She's beccalicious! Forum Host

Of the ones we've done recently, I'd give the edge to the breakfast at Cape May. The food was fresh and plentiful and the character's were engaged and playful. Now, certainly, that doesn't help if you're looking for something AT Magic Kingdom...but still, I thought I'd share :)

9. Suebeattie

Thanks beccaberry, I'm thinking we'll give crystal palace a miss. Certainly don't want to pay the money if the experience is likely to be rubbish.

10. Vikki

Vikki Serious Forum Regular

We've been disappointed the last few times we've been there to be honest. I don't think we'll be rushing back. There are other character meals that are so much better.

11. Mari

Mari Serious Forum Regular

We have tried to both for breakfast and lunch, and found the lunch far superior... yeah... not that you were asking :unsure:

12. Suebeattie

Thanks mari - I like to hear all opinions. I think we will try it one day just not this trip :D

13. Johnie

Johnie Budget Queen Forum Host

We have been to CP many times over the years. It's always been a good experience for us. If you are going for breakfast, make the latest ADR you can so you'll be there when they start putting lunch offerings out. We love to do it that way. Best of both :)