1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Dawn Brit and Deb - how to start taking photos with a point and shoot/mobile phone camera

Discussion in 'Astronomy & Astrophotography' started by Skywatcher, Feb 1, 2009.

1. Skywatcher

Skywatcher Chief Astronomer

As you three now have a scope you can start taking some pics without all th eposh eqipment - the simplest way is to hold the camera over the eyepiece and snap away this is called - 'eyepiece projection' so the camera takes the place of your eye - this is not how I do it but you can get some good results and you might get some pics of crater etc on the moon

tip-
    take loads as lots will be lost to blur as you will undoubtedly move a bit

fiddle with the settings

try focussing using the macro (flower) setting on your camera - for some reason this seems to work well -

try using your mobile phone camera - have seen some very good pics from these held up to the lens

:thumbsup: try it and please post the results

2. Dawn

Dawn carpe diem-ing Forum Host

So if I take a picture of looking through the scope it should come out? :unsure:

3. Skywatcher

Skywatcher Chief Astronomer

:unsure: - you hold the camera up to the eyepiece where your eye usually goes - does that make sense - the stuff I do involves removing the eyepiece and attatching the camera

4. Dawn

Dawn carpe diem-ing Forum Host

How do I get the moon to keep still while I do that then? I couldn't believe how fast it moves. Constantly twiddling my dials to keep up with it. :lol:

Just uploading some photos.