1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Day 2...Dont make me slap the crap out of you

Discussion in 'Trip Reports' started by PsychoAlice, Oct 8, 2008.

1. PsychoAlice

PsychoAlice Resident Anarchist

We woke up at about 630am..my alarm going off to supercalifragilisticexpialidocious...ermmm did I spell that right? Amy hits the ground running to the shower (I am more girly than she is but I have perfected the art and only require 45 minutes to get ready...shower included) and I am in the realization that my cheeks freaking hurt. OMG I think I was smiling all night while I slept. Sweet dreams indeed!

Once we were ready we headed down to the diesel donkey's and stood in the non-existent line for the MK. We got there at about 845am..right before rope drop. I explained to Amy why the cement is red. She was less than enthused. Once we got in we stopped at Main Street Bakery for some breakfast, stupid breakfast sammich croissants! I became addicted. We headed out of there to our first ride. The smokey treat ride. As all exciting and awe-inspriring as it was I needed to hit Space Mountain. 10 years, my friend, since you made me giggle, the right side of course. I had a friend (wink) check out all the rides for me the week before to make sure they were in perfect working order. Bob never lets me down!

After we rode Space Mountain...I needed a FREAKING HAIR TIE..my gawd this desert girl was already melting and it wasn't even 10am yet!

Once hair ties were acquired we headed over to Buzz Lightyear...I kicked Amy's butt...this will not be the first time on this trip...literally and figuratively.

Then we hit Stitch. I was a little freaked out that it would be a little like Alien Encounter. The smell is the only thing I didn't like .. other than that it made me miss AE.

At this time I was advised I was not allowed to ride Carousel of Progress...I had to wait....UGH...flop alllllright!

We headed over to Liberty Tree Tavern as it was about time for our first ADR!

Ive heard great things about it so I was pretty excited. We got there and I had my first heart stopping moment. I thought I lost my phone. Me without my phone is not good. This is my lifeline. I NEED to text and I NEED to check my email.....even on vacation! Ran back upstairs to check the bathroom...ehhh nope...Amy called it and there it was in the bottom of the pit of despair I call a purse...whew..

We sat down and looked at the menu and couldn't decide if we wanted the Turkey Dinner or the Pot Roast. Our lovely hostess said each of you order one or the other and Ill split it up between the 2 of you.

2 plates of each one for the each of us.

OH

MY

GAWD....Yummy.

Even if my food was touching. Yes friends I have a food touching issue.

So after we stuffed ourselves (and yes I have perfected Green Beans at home now because of that dinning experience!) we headed over to The Country Bears (wow that sucked, the audio was off and you could hear the clicking and NO ONE got into it...also the theater was MUCH BIGGER in California..but the AC in there is still the best!) Splash Mountain and Big Thunder.

Another smokey treat ride and it was starting to sprinkle...Meh not big deal. Headed over to Haunted Mansion. I love this ride but it is SO much better in Cali...A lot of comparing went on today.

Then we headed over to Pirates...as we were exiting the skies opened up and started dumping buckets...thank gawd for shopping!

After we spent too much money on Pirates crap (Amy's ex husband to whom she has stayed really good friends with, is in the local pirates group. Funny story, I was friends with him before I was friends with Amy. Also funny is the other pirates try to have an English accent. Dave doesn't need to try...he is FROM England)

We head over to Fantasyland and ride (in no particular order) IASW (where I was told I was voted oof the island cause its better in Cali), Peter Pan, Mikey's PhilharMagic (DO NOT SIT THISCLOSE to the screen, it sucks!!)

At this time Bob texts me saying he is ditching work and coming to play. He can go home take a shower and head over or wait for the rest of the crew.

Eh no, come play. I would have loved to hang with Robin and Del again but the other part of that crew would have probably cried after meeting me cause I word vomit and I am VERY loyal to my friends and I didn't want to put the rest of them thru that. Back to the smokey treat ride..Amy went and got Ice Cream I went and took my shoes off and waited. At that time Lindsay text me to see where we were and what we were doing. Sweet more time to laze about. Bob showed up (YEA!!!) and we waited a little longer for Lindsay and ummm errrrmmm uhhh her husband ummm DUDE...yes the next day I figured out his name...Sorry Rod!

Hugs all around and the little bump Lindsay had goin on is just too sweet!

After all of our Hi's and hugs we headed back over to Tomorrowland to hit up the Laugh Floor (haha Amy got picked!) where we had to advise that the Eiffel Tower is not located in Grand Junction, Colorado. We have Teeners for Mountains what do we need with a steel structure?!? Where it proceeded to start to sprinkle again..Off to the People Mover....umm TTA..great times great times.

Then I got to FINALLY go on C.O.P....singing the entire time...giggle!

Back thru to Fantasyland to ride Snow White...yes yes I ALWAYS sit on the side where the queen totally jumps out at me and I screamed like a girl...shut up I have always been afraid of this ride. Back into Philharmagic so I could not make myself cross eyed by sitting THISCLOSE to the front.

The skies opened up again and we headed for Haunted Mansion again...still good but Cali is better. I made Amy ride by herself and I rode with Bob. MUAHAHA..she was starting to irritate me.

After we left Haunted Mansion I wanted to slap the crap out of Amy..only to my ears did I hear "can we ride something I have never ridden before now?" I kept my cool but wanted to tell her..My gawd we were just jumping into stuff so we could get out of the rain you ungrateful...yea but I didn't.

Headed over to Hall of Presidents where I froze my ninnies off. Do not go in here if you are soaked from rain...brrrr

I think after this we said our goodbyes to Lindsay and Dude..err Rod and we headed over to (its still raining!!!) Adventureland to hit up Jungle Boats...no go..and the Tiki Room...boo hiss...bring back the original please..sorry I'm a purist!

Well it was time to head over to the Poly for dinner at O'hana...jumped on the boat...ooh and ahh'd the whole way. Bob made sure we got there OK before he headed home. Sniff...this would be the last time on this trip I would see him...sniff...ahh there will be other times...MUAH..thanks for being a great friend and playing with us!

O'hana...wow..just like I remembered..A Mai Tai and I was starting to feel great...until I almost popped from eating SO FREAKING MUCH...thank you free dinning!

Hit the Monorail to the MK to our bus. Had a bath and a smoke and I was ready for bed when it happened.

She went off on me. For stupid ****. You re FREAKING KIDDING ME...I fantasized about throwing her off the railing outside the room..she could break her neck..we are on the 4th floor and seriously I could hide you for a few days in the trees...going outside, going outside..don't follow me..you might not make it back to your room...lemme smoke and not kill you..OK argument over and I love this bed...ZzZzZzZz

2. BevW

BevW Addicted to Mickey

LMAO!!!!! OMG....Ok...you're full, soaking wet, and cold. Did you have fun? :lol:

3. PsychoAlice

PsychoAlice Resident Anarchist

I did have fun most of the time..believe me Amy is not done rearing her ugly head and attitude during this trip...its like she thought she would be the only person I would talk to and hang out with the ENTIRE time...she was warned..I was going to meet up with friends..She went because I gave her a killer deal...pay for your flight and your tickets to get into the parks and any "stuff" she wanted to buy and I paid for the rest...including all gratuities..

What I learned from this trip..go alone, with my kids or with my mother...

I think she was offended because I was around people who "get" the Disney thang and she never will however, ske knows me on an everyday level..I let a lot of stuff slide, believe me. I was not going to let her ruin my vacation.

The thing that she went off on me about (horribly I might add..I wanted to scream at her) was the way Bob and I looked at each other..how could we have helped that? We have been talking for almost if not a year...he is single, I am single..there has always been flirting involved...we "get" each other...he gets judge by the way he looks I get judged for a screen name and the way I look and because I am a single mom/woman who is very open to everyone.

But once you get past all that you realize that the 2 of us are VERY sweet people who would give the shirts off our backs if you just ask...and sometimes we would do it just because.

Amy is also single. Amy is the total and complete opposite of me. She is also VERY emotionally immature. She is not as sure of herself as I am. I will charm the pants off of any and everyone. I talk to EVERYONE. People known and unknown.

Im all Sarah, all the time...

If I have offended anyone with this post, never meet me. I will offend you in real life too. I post just as if I were talking to you. Anyone who has taken the time to know me knows that.

Bev,

Its fantasic that your internet is back up!

Last edited: Oct 9, 2008
  4. Shogun

Shogun Earning my ears

Sounds like a real wild day. Pity we missed each other.

5. BevW

BevW Addicted to Mickey

YES my internet is up and running and I'm back online! Woooohoooo
    As for "Being Sarah all the time." I like it...it's not fake, it's you. Maybe your friend just
    didn't totally understand the whole Disney thing. It's called having fun when and where you can find it. If it's raining, shop...or ride rides, even if it is the same ride over and over.
    Our last trip to DLR Rick and I rode the Tea Cups 5 times in a row because the girls wanted to! Now THAT'S having Disney fun! :lol:

Um..Shogun...WHERE did you get that awesome signature signing thingymajig dohicky whatchacallit?

6. Johnie

Johnie Budget Queen Forum Host

I've learned that you can be awesome friends with people but there are few that you can actually go on vacation with......

Never apologize for who you are. Some people will get it and others won't. The ones who don't, that is their loss. This seems to be the motto of my life :p015:

7. SleepinCatz

SleepinCatz Fluffeh Disney Fan

OMG I think I have traveled with her!!! I know I've had fantasties of throwing someone off a balcony anyway LOL...

I hereby vow to NEVER cause you to have a fantasy about throwing me off a balcony...or finding hiding places for my body for that matter!

8. Shogun

Shogun Earning my ears

Sorry Bev, I have had it for so long I have forgotten where it came from.

9. Tinker

Tinker Earning my ears

This so sounds like what I wanted to do to my friend when she went off over Obama . But we were in a football stadium . LOL
    This is my friend that just doesn't get the Disney thing . Exactly, Johnie, their loss .
    Glad you didn't allow her to ruin your fun, Sarah . :hug2: