1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Day 2: part 2

Discussion in 'Trip Reports' started by Johnie, Aug 25, 2008.

1. Johnie

Johnie Budget Queen Forum Host

We ended up back at the hotel for a little nap. Well, the girls napped, I played on the computer. We had reservations for Medieval Times that evening.

Now, one of my big allergies is horses. This is so strange since I grew up around horses and just love them. So, I have never been to one of these shows. I called my dr. before I left and he told me as long as I had my rescue inhaler (asthma due to allergies) and took my regular allergy meds, I should be fine. I was still nervous. I found out I had asthma when I had an attack at the circus when Alysia was 5. That was not a fun experience and I did not want to relive it. But, Medieval Times had sent me a coupon for buy an adult ticket, get a child's ticket free. They actually think children are people under 18!!

The show started at 8:15pm but we left way early since I wasn't sure how far it would be and how bad traffic would be. I had borrowed my mom's Nuvi GPS so I wouldn't have to print out all these directions. Ok, Nuvi is a nice little invention but she really made me mad. She kept telling me my exit was on the left so there I am in the HOV lane on the far left. There is heavy traffic and then she decides that I need to take the right exit NOW. She gets mad when she has to recalculate :lol: Mom told me later that Nuvi does have a bit of an attitude :p015:

We went right past Knott's Berry Farm and the coasters look SO cool! If we ever get out there again, we are going to have to make a stop there.

We found Medieval Times easily. The Burger King across the street is also designed like a castle. Very cute. We were there way before 7 but people were already going in. We went in and got our hats and table cards. We took a picture with the king. We didn't buy it since it didn't turn out so well. We looked around and Alysia and Jordan HAD to go in the torture museum. I also bought souvenier glasses for the girls non alcoholic strawberry daiquiries. $26 for 2 :rolleyes008:

We went into the gift shop and they have the horses corralled off to the sides of the building. There is glass between us and the horses so no issues with getting near them and breathing. The horses were just beautiful. There was this one horse that was.....hmmm.....showing off is all I can say since this is a family board. I did sent a picture to psychoalice, luvthemouse and beccaberry :lol: I have never seen anything so big and now I know where the phrase comes from ;)

They had knighting ceremonies in the lobby. We were going to be in the blue knight section. I have a picture of me in my lovely hat. I'll have to see if I can get it from my phone. I paid extra and we sat in the 2nd row. I asked our waiter if I could sit on the end in case I had to make an escape and was granted my request. We got a program, flag and DVD for the extra money. The show was pretty cool. Eating with my hands wasn't nearly as gross as I thought it would be. I made it all the way to dessert before my chest started feeling a little tight and I made my farewell. The girls stayed and met me out at the car later. I drove around the parking lot for a little bit getting some fresh air in my lungs.

I did it, I survived, I was shocked by a horse, and I don't need to do any of it again :lol:

2. Beccaberry

Beccaberry She's beccalicious! Forum Host

LOL!!! My GPS is so used to "recalculating" with me that it now says, "If you miss this turn, there's another ahead in 1.5 miles Rebecca." :wink:

3. Johnie

:lol: on a first name basis are you?

4. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

"Recalculating route." Yep! A phrase my "Michelle" knows by heart. She's stopped telling me to take the next legal U turn as she's learned that I HATE to do that!

You've never been to Medieval Times here, Johnie?

LOL! Your horse story reminds me of an incident with Seth. There used to be a few horses and one donkey in the field on the corner of our street. One day while driving by Seth said, "Whatsee doin'?" I looked and did a little swervy maneuver with the car... "OH! Well! Ummmm... the donkey is just petting the horsie's back, Sether."

"Oh," said Seth. Later when meeting up with his Da, he had to tell him allllll about the donkey petting the horsie's back. :rolleyes: It's become a "phrase" in our family speak now.

5. Johnie

:lol: that's funny. Of course, he needed to tell daddy all about it!

Nope, haven't been to the MT in Orlando. I was afraid to go b/c of the allergy and the asthma.

6. Beccaberry

Beccaberry She's beccalicious! Forum Host

:laugh: :laugh: Nice. I'll remember that one for my grandkids :wink:

I always wondered what "Geri" (the GPS) would do if I made an "illegal" u turn...I kept having visions of her professional little voice saying, "Contacting authorities now."

Does anyone else *talk* to their GPS? :yes:

7. Johnie

oh yes, I was not being very nice to Nuvi at all! Alysia told me she couldn't hear me but I am not so sure :lol:

8. Johnie

Here is me and my lovely hat :lol:

Attached Files:

9. PsychoAlice

PsychoAlice Resident Anarchist

I scream at mine...

10. uscwest

uscwest Senior Cast Member

Slowhand's GPS did a lot of recalculating last summer, especially when we were leaving Liverpool. :lol: