1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Day 3 Universal Studios

Discussion in 'Trip Reports' started by daveann, Dec 30, 2008.

1. daveann

daveann Addicted to Mickey

Day 3
    Well were awake soon again this morning and as we had bought croissants at Wal-Mart we had those for breakfast and got showered and ready to go out. We had to wait for 10 o’clock as the shoe shop on idrive didn’t open until 10 and I knew there was no way I could walk around all day with my feet killing me like they were so we were there just after it opened its doors. A pair of trainer type slide shoes was chosen as they were so comfy and proved that over the holiday as I lived in them.
    Right feet sorted lets hit universal studios…………….
    We drive up to the entrance to pay and I am surprised that they no longer hand out park times and maps at the entrance but off we go following all the traffic and are parked up in Jaws 114 and gosh its cold down in the depths of the parking levels anyway we are soon headed towards the parks and along the travelator. Dave goes through bag check and I go through no bags. As were heading along the travelator we decide we will go to studios today. We head over the bridge by the spinning globe and decide we will do the pictures there on the way back out as there are a few people about there at the moment. We head to the ticket machine to collect our pre ordered tickets but the machine wont except our code so we have to go and queue for assistance when we reach a booth and the lady informs us she will try and retrieve our booking but not sure if she will be able to but she does and hands us our 2 tickets for the 3 parks universal studios, islands of adventure and wet and wild. We go through the turnstiles and get our picture taken.
    Now which way shall we go right wins we walk past terminator and my dream dog Scooby is there signing autographs and having pictures taken I stand with all the kids thinking its my turn move let me cuddle Scooby soon the assistant says next and I pounce on Scooby Dave lines up to take a picture but the guy says for him to get in the picture which he does…….. Oh shaggy is there too.

[​IMG]

We carry on everyone seems to be heading towards ET so we go the other way we spot the Simpson’s ride and the kwik-e-mart once outside the Simpson’s ride I decide I don’t want to do it so Dave goes on alone as there is no real delay and I sit in the sun. he soon comes out from the side I wasn’t expecting him and he said it was a good fun ride and he enjoyed it.

[​IMG]

We carry on and reach men in black so we drop everything into locker 070 and head for the door which opens within a few mins and we head straight for the cars. Now Dave hasn’t been on any rides with me and I am pretty frightened of them but I had done this one a few years back but I think I shocked him a bit when I started screaming J but we really enjoyed the ride and looked at our picture on the way out and had a little chuckle. We go pick up the stuff from the locker and carry on round to jaws where there is a 20 min wait but that’s not a problem. We had a real giggle on the ride and it seemed different from how I remembered it. Upon our exit I spot the dippin dots stand so off we go for dippin dots, a tub of vanilla for me and a multi coloured one for Dave we go and sit on a bench and eat them boy are they yummy.
    The next eventful thing was shrek 4D oh how I love this and again only a few mins wait and were right at the front.

[​IMG]

After shrek we decide to head out of the park and go for dinner,

[​IMG]

we end up on kirkam road and turn onto I Drive Dave spots Red Lobster so we go there.

2. mumof2

mumof2 Serious Forum Regular

nice report, I love your photos! :thumbsup:

3. lisaw

lisaw Serious Forum Regular

Great report - glad you managed to get some comfy shoes :yes: