1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Debbie does Disney 2009 - A long day at DHS

Discussion in 'Trip Reports' started by Debbie2, Oct 16, 2009.

1. Debbie2

Debbie2 Speedy!

Sunday 20th September

I was up first...at 8.45am. We got showered/ready and went to try Concierge breakfast for the first time. Choices of cereals, fresh fruit, pastries, bagels, yoghurts, selection of fresh juices, tea/coffee etc. Very nice lounge. TV, US newspapers. Small tables and chairs with little TV for children which was cute.

Got the Friendship Boat from YC to DHS. DH was watching people fishing and said he would love to try that some time (he goes fishing at weekends in the summer)

Loved TSM. There were large queues but we had GAC. Pleased to see this ride has wheelchair access where you do not have to transfer. DS loved it..but still managed a nil score, bless him.

Watched parade - you have got to admire the performers for their energy in 90+ degree heat

ADR at Hollywood Brown Derby. Lobby was manic - standing room only. Waited at least 20 minutes before being called. Tables seemed very close together and it was as dark in there as I remember from last time. DD and I had the Pork Tenderloin whilst DH had the Salmon with Baby Spinach.
    We all had the creme brulee for dessert.

Hoped to get into the last show of American Idol but due to long wait at restaurant we missed it - said we would do another day.

It was a long busy day as we stayed for 8pm Fantasmic show which was crazy busy. There was also a 9.30pm performance but knew we would not last that late.DD went to ride ToT and RRC as she didn't want to see it. Bit of a crush leaving had to wait for 2nd boat back. I would have walked but DD didn’t want to.

Popped to Concierge for a few drinks before back to room (taking a night cap back with us...brandy this evening)

DS asleep in seconds (as he was every night)

Tomorrow – shopping day

2. Disneybumble

Disneybumble The Secret is in the Sauce.

Great day .