1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Debbie does Disney 2009 - Departure Day

Discussion in 'Trip Reports' started by Debbie2, Oct 16, 2009.

1. Debbie2

Debbie2 Speedy!

Friday 18th September

I was out of bed by 3.40am – had just tossed and turned. Got myself ready before waking DS. Tom came at 5am which was earlier than expected so ended up being at T2 for 5.40am . Staff at check in desks but not open. DD moaning that we were way too early which we were Guys came over about 6.10am to tell us all to use the kiosks to check-in - ours went ok but many were having problems. Then had to queue at bag drop desk.

Huge issue at Security over DS liquid feeds I had GP and dietician letters but she still wanted me to open and taste 4/8 cartons I had in hand luggage for the flight ( two weeks supply was already at the YC thankfully or I would have had to taste them all which would have made them useless and we would not have been able to go) DH who is very placid had a real argument with her. She gave us a leaflet to complain when we got home. Previous years we had taken 80+ cartons through without having to do this – ridiculous!

Flight was delayed as I expected– took off at 11.30am. Virginia Plain- several cabin crew remembered us from previous trips. Seats ok but definitely seemed 'smaller' than last time

Food awful . Choice of Chicken and Leek or Beef Hotpot, bread roll, GU chocolate and raspberry dessert. Horrible choc ice during flight (I recall being bit miffed as lovely Haagan Dazs went passed into PE and DH saying he was not prepared to pay £1000 each way more for us to have a small tub of ice cream and he would take me to Beaches & Cream when we got there). Sandwich before landing choice of Cheese or ham with plastic cup of tea...yuk

LONG boring flight. DD watched films.DS used the DVD player crew gave him to watch his own DVDs.

Landed at 3.15pm. Last off plane as usual.Helped off plane by Eddie Murphy lookalike called Darren who whizzed us from the plane through immigration. He had our luggage collected and ready as we passed immigration. He took us to VH desk where the member of staff said ‘Hi Mrs Moore’ without any introduction, which amazed me. Found out where our transfer was and then he put our luggage onboard coach. He was fantastic and earned himself a good tip from DH

On arrival at YC was greeted with’ welcome home’ by CM as got off coach. Check-in was clear, nobody waiting. Lovely CM from Australia checked us in – usual process then bit of banter about England winning the Ashes. She picked up her telephone and carried on keying away when we were tapped on the shoulder and behind us was the Manager, a photographer and several CMs bearing gifts including a certificate, balloons, pins et al. Manager announced us as Family of the Day and that we had been upgraded to Regatta Club Concierge on 5th floor. They said they had been waiting all day for us, explained we were delayed. DH joked that as it was 5pm we should be FOD tomorrow as well as today was nearly over! After photos, chat etc CM took us to our room, explaining how to gain access to 5th floor (gosh felt so posh!). She took us to our room which was a just refurbished room on 3rd floor (as we needed a wheelchair access/roll-in shower one). It smelt brand new, that new carpet/fresh paint smell – lovely. She asked if she could do anymore before leaving. We asked her if she could find DS medical feeds which had been shipped from UK.

Knock on door with what thought was DS feeds but it was a package addressed to him from our Tinker. He was so excited, sitting on the bed opening it. It included books, crayons, pin, Peter Pan toothbrush and a lovely Halloween Card – thanks Debi

Another knock – Garden Grocer delivery. Some of it was not used all holiday as no longer needed (e.g breakfast cereals) thanks to upgrade.

DS and I were really tired and I wanted to unpack cases. DD and DH wanted to go out for ADR at Nine Dragons so we were bullied into going. Took International Gateway through to EPCOT and walked round to China. It was busy but we were seated straight away. DS was really tired by now and was getting grumpy. We quickly ordered. DD had the sweet & sour and we both picked the honey chicken – both tasteless. Won’t be going back in a hurry

Couldn’t be bothered staying out so went back to YC. We had a quick shower and all fell into bed. I could hear 9pm Illuminations as we nodded off.

2. Disneybumble

Disneybumble The Secret is in the Sauce.

Yay for Disney Magic. That is just amazing Debbie. Did you get any photos.

3. Debbie2

Debbie2 Speedy!

Yes. A few days later there was a photo in a folder left in our room :)