1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

decisions...argh

Discussion in 'Resorts, Hotels, DVC, Villas' started by Captain Teague, Feb 27, 2011.

1. Captain Teague

Captain Teague Earning my ears

We just finished up late last year a trip and stayed at Coronado Springs. I wasn't too happy with how spread out it is. We are looking at going back this summer. Looking at Port Orleans FQ or Riverside. We've stayed at FQ before and it was OK. Of course AK is on my list if we can swing it. How spread is Riverside compared to CS?

2. keith

keith Camera nut Staff Member Administrator Forum Host

AKL brilliantly superb of course :)

I really like both but Riverside has the restaurant and feels a bit more alive to me HOWEVER it's mega spread out yep. There are four bus stops which take a while to get round and certainly it's a large place. To be honest, if you're worried about a spread out resort, I wouldnt recommend Riverside at all.

FQ is much much smaller and more intimate

3. Casey3557

Casey3557 Earning my ears

Riverside is pretty big too. POFQ is much more intimate and compact. All the moderates and value resorts are pretty large, with the exception of POFQ, which is a very nice resort with wonderful ambience and great Disney touches. Only one bus stop; POR has 4. Both resorts are terrific, but POFQ is "petite". :wave:

AKL is wonderful, but of course pricier.