1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

deluxe or villas?

Discussion in 'Resorts, Hotels, DVC, Villas' started by Tom Morrow, Jul 14, 2011.

1. Tom Morrow

Tom Morrow Imagineer

What would you do? a deluxe at say the wilderness lodge or the villas at wilderness lodge? theyre sometimes similar in cost so which one is better??
  2. DisneyFreak

DisneyFreak Serious Forum Regular

For same cost I would choose the Villas. You have more space and a full kitchen plus an in room washer/dryer.
  3. WDW Vet

WDW Vet Forum Advertiser

Using 2011 value rates a standard view room at the lodge is $250 and a courtyard is $305. At the villas a studio which is similar in size but has a kitchenette runs $340 and a one bedroom is $445.

The lodge rooms have a coffee maker and a mini fridge and the studio also has those plus a microwave. The lodge rooms have 2 queen beds at that price point (bunk bed rooms are more) and the studio is one queen and a double sleeper sofa. Now obviously a one bedroom is a hugh difference but it's also almost $200 a night more.

So as I see it the difference is $90 for a microwave. I'd spend the $305 and have a courtyard view at the lodge and enjoy watching the activities at the pool area and see the geyser go off as well as enjoy Bay Lake. When we stay there we live on the balcony when were back at the room. The villas do have views of bay lake and a courtyard view but it is a partial view of the courtyard.

Hope that helps.