1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Deluxe with best restaurant?

Discussion in 'Resorts, Hotels, DVC, Villas' started by pigletpete, Oct 31, 2008.

1. pigletpete

pigletpete Imagineer

Can anyone recommend a deluxe resort with the best restaurants? Some nights I just know we wont want to go out but we'd still like to have a great meal :yes:

2. Slowhand

Slowhand Cruise Director Forum Host

If it`s a REALLY nice restaurant, then the ultimate is Victoria and Albert`s at the Grand Floridian. It is essential to make a reservation but it is a great venue for that "special" meal.
    Also at the GF is Citrico`s, which again is recommended, and there is also Narcoossee`s there which we enjoyed on our trip recently.
    Alternatively, there is Artist`s Point at the Wilderness Lodge, the Yachtsman`s Steakhouse at the Yacht Club Resort, Jiko`s at Animal Kingdom Lodge, the Flying Fish at the Boardwalk, and the Blue Zoo at the Swan all of which are great dining venues.

3. Taja

Taja Earning my ears

Any of the monorail resorts or the EPCOT resorts could be a good choice. The transportation between the resorts is convenient and easy. Monorail resorts perhaps a bit more convenient.

You'll still need ADRs for the most part, unless you're visiting during a very slow period.

4. Tracey92

Tracey92 Earning my ears

5. Team Harris

Team Harris Earning my ears

We were booked in for the Aloha show at the Poly last year, but it was cancelled due to the rain and storms.:(
    We ended up eating in the restaurant there, which was fantastic, if you time it right, you can watch the fireworks from MK from your table:p015:

6. Beccaberry

Beccaberry She's beccalicious! Forum Host

Would also cast a vote for Ohana at the Poly...though you'd not go wrong with Slowhand's suggestions either!

7. uscwest

uscwest Senior Cast Member

OK, let's do it this way. These are what I consider the best.

Grand Floridian - Citrico's, Narcoossee's and the ULTIMATE Victoria and Albert's

Contemporary - California Grill

Boardwalk - Spoodles and Flying Fish

Yacht Club - Yachtsman Steak House

Animal Kingdom Lodge - JIKO and BOMA

Wilderness Lodge - Artist's Point

There are other restaurants in the Disney Deluxe Hotels which are also good but I consider them below those listed.

8. Britchick

Britchick Serious Forum Regular

I'd say Jiko, but i haven't eaten at any of the grand floridian restaurants yet.