1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Diabetic at Disney

Discussion in 'Restaurants, Dining, Dining Plans' started by disneymom, Aug 13, 2008.

1. disneymom

disneymom Imagineer

Will everything be clearly marked for content or do I have to tell the servers at every meal like I would in the UK? how about food courts? she's on a very careful diet and changing will mean melt downs
  2. dzneeprincss

dzneeprincss Earning my ears

Usually you tell the servers some of the restaurants actually have a separate menu.
  3. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

If you have dietary restrictions tell the server at full service restaurants ( and request to see the chef if you need to).

At counter service you can ask the person at the register. If they can't answer your questions tell them you need to see the manager for a nutritional breakdown.

I cannot caution you strongly enough about taking things at face value in the US. There are all sorts of hidden additives and you'll need to ask point blank to get straight answers. Be very specific and very clear. They will bend over backwards to work with you though, and that's the good part, eh? (WDW anyway).
  4. uscwest

uscwest Senior Cast Member

Yes, most definitely if she is on a strict diet let them know, preferably ahead of time. I can't emphasize what Tink says enough.