1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Did you know...

Discussion in 'Disney Secrets!' started by Beccaberry, Aug 9, 2008.

1. Beccaberry

Beccaberry She's beccalicious! Forum Host

One of the things that makes Disney World so special to me is all the "extra touches" they include. For me, these touches set them aside (and above) all other themeparks. You know the one's I mean...a trashcan isn't *just* a trashcan, a line is never *just* a line, every detail is thought out...every aspect is considered. Over the years, I've collected loads of these "bits and pieces" of magic...I thought I'd share a few with you in the hopes that you might share a few with me as well...

So....did you know....

The American Adventure at Epcot is the only attraction at WDW to use forced-pespective...in reverse! The building is 5 stories tall, but designed to look like its only 3 stories. This was done by imagineers to make the 'host nation' look more grand and dramatic from across the World Showcase Lagoon. Next time your at the American Adventure check out the size of the doors and windows, there huge!

...and did you know...

When you’re in line for Indiana Jones you go past a well, to the right of the entrance I believe...when you do, pull on the rope...and listen carefully!

...and did you know...

While going through the queue for Rockin' Roller Coaster listen at the doors to Studios A and B, you will hear sounds from real recording sessions some of which can from Aerosmith's recordings for the coaster.

So then....share some of yours!!

2. Beccaberry

...a few more

Did you know...

Before the Magic Kingdom opens for the day. The WDW train is perfectly centered in front of the train station for those wishing to take pictures. It is the only time during the day that this occurs.

And, did you know...

While you're waiting for your table to be called at CRT, stand in front of the throne and look up to the right and you will see Gus and Jacques!

3. eeyoreguy

eeyoreguy Earning my ears

TTA did you knows.....

It was tested at Disneyland and then supposed to be used in the City of Epcot (which was never built) to move people from the neighborhoods to the hub of the city where they would catch a monorail to go to work.
    The Tommorowland Transit Authority (TTA) is powered by 533 electromagnets. These propel the cars through a series of pulses.20% of the magnets can go down and it still function properly.
    - The track for the TTA is 4,674 feet long.
    - The TTA is also referred to as the Blue Line.
    - Pete Renaday provides the voice on the TTA. He is also the voice of Henry from the Country Bear Jamboree and Abe Lincoln from the Hall of Presidents.
    - While on the TTA, you may hear a page for “Mr. Tom Morrow”. This is a reference to the extinct Missions to Mars attraction where he was the head of operations.
    -When you enter the dark tunnel that contains the City Scape, look behind you when you are approx. 20 feet in the tunnel. You will see a camera with a faint red spotlight on it. This is an infrared security camera.
    - The original model of Epcot can be seen, on the left, behind a glass enclosure in the darkened tunnel when you go through Space Mountain. The model is about 10 feet deep and 20 feet long.

4. Beccaberry

WOW! Awesome! Thanks for those...my DS loves the TTA, he'll enjoy hearing these.

5. Dorothy

Dorothy Smiley Herder

Did you know that the TTA used to be called the Wedway People Mover and that I still call it that :yes:

6. lisaw

lisaw Serious Forum Regular

So do I :p015: I love it - theres rarely a queue and I like that it is not too slow moving :D

7. MystikPiglit

MystikPiglit Peace, Love and Mickey Mouse

Me too. :D

It's one of my favourite attractions, you can take some great photos of the park whilst on there. :thumbs_up:

8. Skywatcher

Skywatcher Chief Astronomer

The TTA is also called 'the blue train thingy' by 2 small boys and their parents.

9. Claire

Claire She lost the crayons!

I have one! Did you know that there is a tree farm at WDW so that if a mature tree needs replacing it can be replaced by a tree approx 30 years old!

10. Johnie

Johnie Budget Queen Forum Host

Did you know that WDW and I are the same age? We were both born in Oct 1971. I'm actually 9 days younger. There has always been WDW while I have been alive :p015:

Disney World employs more people on one site than any other company in the US. During peek times it ranges between 55,000-60,000 which is about half of the Disney employees worldwide

There is a total of ninety horses on Cinderella's Golden Carrousel. Cinderella's horse is the horse with the gold ribbon tied on its tail.

11. Mari

Mari Serious Forum Regular

Did you know

WDW employees set up Xmas decorations during ONE night? .... so guests go to bed one night and resorts and parks look "normal" and wake up to Holiday themed EVERYWHERE the next morning!

12. Dawn

Dawn carpe diem-ing Forum Host

When you enter the loading area for Maelstrom look over at the viking mural on the far wall. One of the vikings is wearing Mickey ears. :D

13. uscwest

uscwest Senior Cast Member

While they used to do this, they don't any longer. They were putting up decorations almost every day while we were there in November.

14. Watchinherskip

Watchinherskip Better known as "That Guy"

We do too!! And we also love it!

15. Watchinherskip

Watchinherskip Better known as "That Guy"

I remember! It only happened on our first vist back in 1987. It was truly amazing. Sorry to see that it disappeared.

16. Johnie

Johnie Budget Queen Forum Host

Making note to self!

17. Taja

Taja Earning my ears

Once upon a time, in a place far away called Disneyland, the Carousel of Progress exit was moved to one of the revolving stages. After passing through the stage, you could view the model of EPCOT. We used to spend a good 30 minutes looking at it each time. The detail is incredible! :thumbsup: