1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Did you know....

Discussion in 'Disney Secrets!' started by Johnie, Jan 15, 2009.

1. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

I know. Sweatshirt and shorts, or a previously said, the winter boots and shorts. :unsure:

Oh, and while we're on the topic of fashion, when did "hot pants" come back into vogue? :unsure: I saw a small group of young women Friday evening leaving a restaurant (they were servers there but had changed to "go out" before leaving the restaurant) for a night out. They were all dressed in wicked short painted on shorts, with skimpy blouses. Honestly, for a second I thought they were...well, strollers ya' know? :sorry: :spring:

Not to mention it was about 40 degrees outside! :eek:

2. foreverducky

foreverducky Addicted to Mickey

I guess the same time that leggings came back! I believe they are going with the motto...if you got it, flaunt it. Unfortunately, they have not learned that clothing can be sexier than no clothing.

3. Britchick

Britchick Serious Forum Regular

i shudder at the clothing sometimes, do these ladies not realise that it is more attractive to leave things to the imagination. Gosh i feel old:unsure:

4. Tink

I'm going to say this. :sorry: Much of what is exposed today would be better left covered! :eek: I've never seen so many flabby bellies and other bits on very young women! OK. That sounds very judgmental and I don't mean it to. Essentially, I don't think anyone needs to be showing their bellies unless they are on the beach, but many of them really should think twice about flaunting what they have.

Ugh. Shove over there, Brit. I'm older than you by a mile so I get first choice of cranky old woman seats! :lol:

5. Taja

Taja Earning my ears

A young lady where I contracted some work a couple of years ago used to wear a beautiful sleeveless dress--with fur topped boots! Even in the summer! :eek:

I have worn heels at Disneyland and never given it a second thought. They were chunky 2-inch heels, though. And I was much younger. I lived in heels at the time--I think I owned one pair of sneakers and one pair of flat sandals! :lol:

6. PsychoAlice

PsychoAlice Resident Anarchist

I wear shorts and a swestshirt....

7. Tink

Why? :unsure: Does your upper body get cold and your legs stay hot? :unsure:

8. PsychoAlice

PsychoAlice Resident Anarchist

I dont know...maybe its a So Cal thing...we all do it...maybe its the dry air that doesnt something different

9. Skywatcher

Skywatcher Chief Astronomer

I always come away from WDW feeling pretty trim TBH - we did a trip report ( well half a TR) once where we took a pedometer and we were walking between 10 -15 miles a day

10. lisaw

lisaw Serious Forum Regular

I went to a theme park once with a girl I didn't know that well and she turned up in tight skirt, shoulder pads and stillettos (this would have been the very early 90's).

I can't begin to tell you how funny it was seeing her get on and off the log flume :laugh:

11. minnie-me

minnie-me Earning my ears

that is so funny!!!

I don't think I even own a pair of heels now - with having 2 kids just can't wear them anymore without getting bad back!!

It does amaze me the fashions that people wear - but each to their own - I'm just glad I've never had the body to follow the latest fashion trend :tongue:

12. BigThunder

BigThunder a cool thingy

haha, have to admit, back in my younger days i've been guilty of this one ;)

13. BigThunder

BigThunder a cool thingy

I agree Tink. I see so many girls that are not fat at all but they have these super low rise, 2 sizes too small jeans on & so they get the muffin top. If they only wore clothes that fit them they would look so much better. and the bigger girls, I mean, maybe I should admire them for not feeling ashamed & still wearing the low low pants with the skin tight too short tops but I just cringe & feel embarressed for them. How could anyone who loves these people let them out of the house! But then again, y'all should see how i dress as I am by far not winning any fashion awards :) And come to think of it, I think the pic i have posted on my posts of me & the family I am wearing shorts & a jacket :D

LMAO!! yep! 3 out of 4 of us have the cold top/hot bottom look going on!!

14. wdwgrandma

wdwgrandma Addicted to Mickey

Do they not look in a mirror before leaving the house?

15. Johnie

Johnie Budget Queen Forum Host

Well when I am Queen of the World, everyone is being issued a full length mirror and will be required to use it :yes:

I don't get the shorts and sweatshirt thing either. People around here do that a lot.

And yes, there are lots of girls who would not look fat if they wore the appropriate size clothing. I don't understand how anyone can be comfortable like that?

16. MystikPiglit

MystikPiglit Peace, Love and Mickey Mouse

:lol: I'm with you on that! :thumbsup: