1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Digital photo storage?

Discussion in 'Gadgets and Gizmos' started by Slowhand, Jan 8, 2011.

1. Slowhand

Slowhand Cruise Director Forum Host

Reading an earlier thread reminded me of an issue I have with saving my gazillions of digital photos which I have saved in "My Pictures" on my pc.

I bought an external hard drive to save them on just in case my pc crashed and I "lost" them all.

The thing is that when I load some additional photos onto my pc and then later decide to add these to those stored on the portable hard drive, my system does not recognise that it is duplicating most of the photos which are in "My Pictures".

Is there a way of fooling the system so that only the later additions get added to those already stored on the external hard drive?

Hope this makes sense! :unsure:
  2. foreverducky

foreverducky Addicted to Mickey

I use Sync Toy which has different types of saving options. There is an option that just contributes what is new.
  3. Slowhand

Slowhand Cruise Director Forum Host

Thanks FD.
    Is "Sync Toy" a free download or is it some software that I would need to purchase?
  4. foreverducky

foreverducky Addicted to Mickey

Totally free...the best kind.

I believe there are 4 different saving options, definitely read them as they can sound the same. :D