1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Dining at Shades of Green?

Discussion in 'Restaurants, Dining, Dining Plans' started by lisaw, Feb 14, 2011.

1. lisaw

lisaw Serious Forum Regular

DH and DS will be playing golf on the Oak Trail course one morning. On the golf page on the WDW website it says for dining (ie they would want some breakfast) to use the restaurants at Shades of Green.

But on the Shades of Green website it says for non-residents of the hotel to dine in a restaurant there they need to show their military ID.

Has any non-resident, non-military people ever eaten at Shades of Green?

2. uscwest

uscwest Senior Cast Member

I know that at one time the Disney Courses Palm/Magnolia/Oak Trail had a facility where you could get breakfast or lunch. If they are telling you to go over to SOG then maybe that isn't there any longer. I have eaten at Evergreens in the SOG and do not remember them asking for my ID card. I know when I buy tickets there I have to show it however.

3. Cinderella94

Cinderella94 Earning my ears

Ive always wanted to see in shades of green but worried that were not allowed without military id. Can anyone go for a wander round like the other resorts?

4. uscwest

Technically, yes. However, it is not quite that easy. When you show up at the gate they are going to ask you for an ID card. However, if you say you are going to the golf course you can wander over from there. SOG has VERY LIMITED short term guest parking.

5. mmouse

mmouse Earning my ears

thats a great tip thanks uscwest :) is there much to see? is it an interesting resort?

6. uscwest

I've never stayed there so I can't speak for the room views. We keep saying we want to stay but the amenities offered aren't the same that we get staying in a WDW Resort. To me it is a pretty resort, but I wouldn't go out of my way to see it.