1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Dining near Florida Mall

Discussion in 'Restaurants, Dining, Dining Plans' started by Britchick, Oct 31, 2012.

1. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

Don't be scared, just don't go to certain areas of "town."

Anything near or on the OBT is probably a good place to avoid. That is a strip that gets worse and worse with passing time. Same for anything downtown that is east of I-4 (I know I-4 runs east and west, but through downtown Orlando until above Lake Mary it runs north and south!) or Division Street. Those are the main areas where drug trafficking and prostitution are prevalent.

There is quite a bit of panhandling downtown too, so be alert to that. Some panhandlers can become quite aggressive.

2. Dawn

Dawn carpe diem-ing Forum Host

Not going to tell Tink some of the places I walked through alone when travelling around the US. Oh no siree not. Not wanting to see Tink faint on her cream carpet. :unsure:

3. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

That was years ago, Miss. :yes: I've been to some shabby areas myself. Ended up on the Lower East Side back in the mid-90's. Hanging with some pretty scary people.

Life really was different then...

Speaking of cream carpet, getting ready to pull it up and replace with wood as soon as we can manage it.

4. Dawn

Dawn carpe diem-ing Forum Host

Chicago south side was an eye opener for sure. :eek:

And of course UofM is fairly near Detroit. :yes: