1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Dining Plan affects Menu at Yachtsman Steakhouse

Discussion in 'Restaurants, Dining, Dining Plans' started by Wendy, Oct 11, 2012.

1. keith

keith Camera nut Staff Member Administrator Forum Host

I'm really glad it works out for people :yes: I guess it's the age old thing, one size doesn't fit all. I do think with a few minor tweaks they could improve it though

2. catrancher

catrancher Assistant Cruise Director Forum Host

I've got to agree with all that. And for me, it's not the Dining Plan per se that I'm opposed to. What gets me going is the following:

• That I have to decide where I want to eat 180 days in advance and, by extension, I can no longer just impulsively decide to eat at a given location on the actual day that I'm in the park.
    • That the food selection and quality have deteriorated (may be the dining plan or not). Not actually bad, but certainly not as good as it used to be.
    • That the service has deteriorated.
    • That the mind set now seems to be get 'em in, shove the food at 'em, and get 'em out. Sort of like fast food masquerading as fine dining.
    Perhaps if they modified the dining plan so that only half the available tables in a given restaurant were booked and the other half were available for ad-hoc ADR's that would help tremendously. Of course, they'd still need to do something about the service and quality but those could be totally separate from the dining plan.

Tom :)macwave:... just my 2 whatevers...)

3. Mari

Mari Serious Forum Regular

I have come to love the dining plan, specifically when Free dining is offered.

My daughters are NOT good eaters, but they DO need to eat from time to time, so I love being able to go into a restaurant,more so when it is a character meal (kills two birds with one stone!) and serve them a little bit of everything, let them eat what they want/like and not worry about how much money it is costing, or how much is getting wasted because they didnt eat it... It has made my 2 trips to WDW with them far more enjoyable.

I do think some restaurants shouldnt be on the dining plan, like signature restaurants. I do expect a certain level of food quality and service from Disney, but being on the dining plan I also expect to not go to the best restaurants in Disney, does that make sense?

I also agree that ADR's should be for a percentage of tables at a restaurant, so that people who want to eat somewhere THAT day can do so without spending 5 hours waiting for a table!

Maybe if they just had a list with all restaurants on the dining plan, it would make things easier, both for people on them and for people paying out of pocket.

And I concur with Shelly, we wouldnt be able to afford the real cost of all meals without the Dining Plan, as Johnie said, prices inside WDW have escalated to a point where it is just not feasable to do that, but with two small kids, having to rent a car with 2 toddler seats is as expensive or even more, so, eating outside WDW isnt an option at this point for us either.