1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Dining plans, cards, ADRs pss? confused

Discussion in 'Restaurants, Dining, Dining Plans' started by disney1sttimer, Jul 1, 2008.

1. disney1sttimer

disney1sttimer Earning my ears

Totally confused now! We have to book before we get there I know that but what are we booking adrs, pss? Weve seen both in guide books

whats a dining plan and is that going to work out really cheap for us?

Anyone want to try recommending restaurants that will keep us all happy but without spending all our money on food ? HELP!
  2. Jodie

Jodie Addicted to Mickey

The Dining Plan may be cheaper, and it may not, depending on how much food you eat and how often you would have eaton on-site anyway. You have to stay onsite to have it and it works by giving each member of your party 'Credits' to use for food. There are different options such as a Dining plan and a Delux Dining plan so the amount of credits you get can differ. The credits are then used to pay for the food you buy. In general you will come out in front as you get a receipt showing the value of the food you bought and when added together over the lenght of your stay most people saved money but out on weight!

The card thingy is for 20% (I think) off your food bill but can only be bought if you have an annual pass.

Adr (Advance Dining Reservation) is the new name for a ps (Priority Seating)

Hope that helps!

:)

Jodie
  3. Taja

Taja Earning my ears

Okay, let's begin with the basics.
    When will you be going to WDW?
    Will you be staying on site or off site?
    What kind of food do you like to eat?
    What do you consider "really cheap?" Dollars per person per day?

Jodie did a good job of explaining ADRs (Advanced Dining Reservations). That's just Disney's new term for Priority Seating (PS). An ADR is almost necessary for TS (table service) dining at WDW any more--there are some times of the year when it's a little less essential, but still a good idea if there's some place you specifically want to dine.

The DDE (Disney Dining Experience) card is available to annual passholders and Florida residents for purchase. It's primary benefit is a 20% discount to WDW TS restaurants (I believe food courts at the value resorts are included, since there is no TS available), including alcoholic beverages. It also may include valet parking--it did at one time, but I haven't been following any changes to the perks of the card.