1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Disabled Facilities Grant

Discussion in 'Special Needs' started by Debbie2, Jul 9, 2009.

1. Jazmine

Jazmine Dancing Queen!

Debbie hun, im so sorry to hear all of this yes i totally agree when your`e caring for a disabled person, it`s battle after battle and it wears you down:hug2:
    sorry i cant help with the problem but again stick to your guns, maybe get some advice from the drs and social worker, also if you have a carers centre nearby (we have one) and thyre very good about giving advice and tell you all about your rights :hug2: let us know how it all goes :hug2:
    Jacqui xxxx

2. Debbie2

Debbie2 Speedy!

Thanks Jacqui

Initial consent paperwork has come through this morning. A surveyor is being allocated to our project within the next 2-4 weeks :)

3. Jazmine

Jazmine Dancing Queen!

That`s great news Debbie i`ll come an give them a :slap: if they dont hurry up :yes:
    Always here if you need to let off steam. :hug2:
    love n hugs xxxx

4. Jazmine

Jazmine Dancing Queen!

Will it take long to get the go ahead ? xx

5. Debbie2

Debbie2 Speedy!

Oh yeah.. I'm not expecting it to be completed before Christmas. Surveyor to be appointed who will draw up the plans which will then be submitted for planning approval. Council get three different builders off their approved panel to quote for the job and when all that is done they should start. Planning permission can take 8 weeks so it's going to be October/November before they start.

Shall we have a sweep? I'm just hoping it's 2009 but fear it could be 2010 before it's completed...you know how much red tape the Councils use :thumbsdown:

6. Jazmine

Jazmine Dancing Queen!

Oh i know i work for Social Work in our council and they are a load of TRUMPETS he he:yes: hope none of my bosses are on this forum :unsure:fingers crossed hun that its sooner rather than later :hug2:
    Love n hugs Jacqui xxxx

7. grumpy71

grumpy71 Earning my ears

:wave:hi have just read about your dfg and your problem.we had issues similar to you. you have to stick to your guns! make sure they redecorate all areas they change for you ie(door way into garage) as they will try to leave it to you to do after,they did it to us.it may be for ds but it is still a family home. good luck.
    grumpy71

8. lozzy

lozzy Addicted to Mickey

I have only just noticed this thread, I am so glad things are going your way, I'll keep my fingers crossed for a 2009 finish.:hug2: