1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the Disney & Orlando Secrets Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community...
    It's easy, fast, totally free (and always will be) and you'll be able to start chatting immediately :)

Discovery Cove Welcomes Baby Atlantic Bottlenose Dolphin

Discussion in 'SeaWorld, Discovery Cove and Aquatica News & Rumou' started by Wendy, Mar 5, 2013.

1. Wendy

Wendy A hui hou kakou makuakane Staff Member Administrator

On Monday 25th February 2013, Discovery Cove welcomed their newest addition to their family - a baby Atlantic bottlenose dolphin.

dolphin-1.jpg

The baby boy is now a week old, weighs approximately 44 pounds and is 44 inches long. He is nursing and bonding with his mom, Kendall, both a good indication that he is doing well. This is Kendall’s fourth birth and the 26th dolphin born at Discovery Cove since the park opened in 2000.

dolpnin-2.jpg

2. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

I wish we had more time to visit this particular park. I love to see the baby "animals" of any kind!

3. Wendy

Wendy A hui hou kakou makuakane Staff Member Administrator

Make a date to take my little man in October for Halloween, he will love it and you get lots of sour candy as well :D