Disney boardwalk restaurants?

Discussion in 'Walt Disney World Restaurants, Dining, Dining Plan' started by jojo, Jul 8, 2009.

1. jojo

jojo New Member

Weve walked past the boardwalk but never really stopped to have anything to eat there, are we missing out? :) What restaurants are there and are there any hidden treasures?

2. *Bambi-Belle*

*Bambi-Belle* New Member

We had a fab meal at Spoodles once. It reminded us of Cyprus but it's closing down now. It may have already closed.

3. DisneyFreak

DisneyFreak New Member

Accounting Manager
    I've heard it should be reopening soon (July or August) as another Mediterranean style restaurant.

4. Tink

Tink Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Well, there is ESPN which is a sports bar with a fairly extensive restaurant menu. :yes: Decent enough food (burgers, salads, chicken sandwiches, hot dogs, etc.). There is the Boardwalk Bakery which has sandwiches, breakfast sandwiches, and bakery type pastries (milk, coffee, drinks). Outdoor seating.

Spoodle's as mentioned is closing, will be reopened by Cat Cora... looking forward to it!

There is the Sweetshop that has buckets of candy, some treats and ice cream.

Flying Fish which has fish (of course) and a full service menu selection of other items.

The Brewing company has beer (can't remember the exact name) and full service menu items.

There is a kiosk that offers hot dogs, fries, sausage sandwiches and the like.

I think that's it. :unsure:

There are other places to eat in the circle of resorts, but those are the ones on the boardwalk proper.

If you go around the circle there are several in the Swan and Dolphin (from counter service to full service, and gourment, buffets too). Yacht Club has the Yacht Club Galley, a family style restaurant (at which we had a really poor experience) and the Yachtsman's Steakhouse, a lovely place!

Beach Club has Beaches and Cream, a 50's style soda shop with ice cream, milkshakes, some desserts and a limited menu that features some yummy cheeseburgers.

Cape May has a character breakfast buffet and a New England Clambake dinner buffet. There is Hurricane Hannah's for pool side snacks and drinks, and a small counter service place inside the resort's store/shop.

5. DisneyFreak

DisneyFreak New Member

Accounting Manager
    A great choice BTW for those of you on the DP for counter service. The sandwiches are great and it is a hardy serving. :yes:

6. uscwest

uscwest Well-Known Member

Although we did enjoy Spoodles I am looking forward to the new Cat Cora Restaurant. Flying Fish is WONDERFUL.