1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Disney Cartoons at Disney Resorts?

Discussion in 'Resorts, Hotels, DVC, Villas' started by Faythstar, Jun 10, 2013.

1. Faythstar

Faythstar Imagineer

I discovered a bunch of old-school Disney cartoons had been added to Netflix today (including my very favorite, "Lambert the Sheepish Lion"!!!), and it made me think of one of my favorite memories from my earlier WDW adventures.
    I remember when we used to stay at the Contemporary Resort that they had a channel on their televisions that played only old Disney cartoons! We loved it, it was all we'd watch while we were there; we'd turn it on and have it playing as we were getting ready to go in the mornings or we'd watch it to unwind after a day at the parks. It has been quite a few years since I've stayed on Disney property, but I was wondering if anyone knows if any of the Disney resorts still have this channel? I assumed it was all the resorts, but it also might just have been the Contemporary.
    Also, what's your favorite Disney cartoon? :)

2. Wendy

Wendy A hui hou kakou makuakane Staff Member Administrator

I'm sad to say, I don't think I have ever seen any Disney cartoons :redface:

The only thing I remember from when I stayed onsite was the totally annoying Stacey :surrender: :lol:

3. Oreo

Oreo Addicted to Mickey

OMG Lambert the Sheepish Lion! I love that cartoon! Brings back such happy memories.

My favourite Cartoon is the one with Donald Duck and the Ostrich, the ostrich eats a radio and gets the hicups!

Can't remember what it's called though.

I think from memory that channel was at all resorts. It was certainly at Wilderness Lodge when we went in 2005 and 2006!

It wasn't there last year when we went though! :(

4. Faythstar

Faythstar Imagineer

I forgot about the one with the ostrich! That one was so cute! I liked Morris the Midget Moose, and the one with Donald and the hibernating bears too. :)

That's so sad that the channel wasn't there! I wonder if they've gotten rid of it...

5. Oreo

Oreo Addicted to Mickey

Maybe they have?

We stopped at Coronado springs last year and it wasn't there so maybe it's still at the Delux resorts?

Hope so as it was such a good channel!

6. uscwest

uscwest Senior Cast Member

At least some of the resorts used to have a seating area where the kids could watch cartoons while mom and dad were checking in. Haven't paid any attention to this lately though.

7. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

The resorts still have the seating area for children. It's almost always filled with little kids. I honestly don't remember the cartoon channel though. :sorry: We don't much turn on the TV when we are staying at Disney...

8. Faythstar

Faythstar Imagineer

I remember the kids' seating area. I think we always assumed they were watching the cartoon channel, lol.