1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

News Disney Centerpiece Coming to Marketplace Co-Op at Downtown Disney Marketplace in 2014

Discussion in 'Walt Disney World News & Rumors' started by Wendy, Mar 10, 2014.

1. Wendy

Wendy A hui hou kakou makuakane Staff Member Administrator

disney-centerpiece.jpg

This year will see six new boutiques coming to the Marketplace Co-Op in Downtown Disney Marketplace at Walt Disney World Resort. The Marketplace will serve as a testing space for new Disney retail concepts, shops and products.

One of the new shops is Disney Centerpiece, which will contain home products for guests who want a splash of Disney in their everyday lives. I spoke with Dana Harchar from the Global Retail Development team about the hand-crafted display fixtures you will find in this location once the shop opens in a couple of months.

center-piece-1.jpg . disney-centrepiece.jpg

“Disney Centerpiece will have an eclectic mix of display fixtures for the merchandise,” explained Dana. “The neutral color fixtures will have a well-loved and repurposed feel. I chose a few accent colors that complement some merchandise created for this shop. Hand-made Hoosier cabinets will line the exposed brick walls. My teammate Bert McCumber printed three-dimensional models that we shared with the store operations team and other cast members working on this shop.”

The smaller fixture model shown above that resembles bench swings stacked on crates will house new decorative pillows.

The merchandise coming to this location looks amazing, there is an entire new collection of goods inspired by Adventureland and Walt Disney’s Enchanted Tiki Room. There is a ceramic Orange Bird figure and the miniature ceramic Dole Whips! The home décor team also made several small plates containing artwork with my favorite word, “Aloha!”

disney-centrepiece-3.jpg . disney-centrepiece-2.jpg

Several attraction posters from Disney Parks will be included on glassware, small plates and coasters.
    Finally, there will be an entire line of retro-inspired merchandise featuring some of the themed lands found at Disneyland park in California or Magic Kingdom Park in Florida.

disney-centrepiece-4.jpg disney-centrepiece-5.jpg

Look for these items and more when Disney Centerpiece opens at the Marketplace Co-Op in a few months. Select items will also be carried on at Disney Parks online store at a future date.

Do you think this is a good idea and something that you would like to see in the new Disney Springs, can you imagine yourself buying anything from Disney Centrepiece. I have seen a few items I like the look of :)
  2. MystikPiglit

MystikPiglit Peace, Love and Mickey Mouse

It looks very interesting. :)
    I would definitely buy a ceramic dole whip. :D
  3. Beccaberry

Beccaberry She's beccalicious! Forum Host

There are definitely some items here that have caught my eye! I love the Splash Mountain plate (?) and the glasses! Very cool!
  4. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

I really miss the old Disney at Home, so this will be very interesting to browse when it opens. Thanks for the great info, Wendy!
  5. Shellyamc

Shellyamc Serious Forum Regular

Oooo..nifty stuff! I think a little dole whip sitting on my shelf would make me smile :D
  6. Skywatcher

Skywatcher Chief Astronomer

I miss Disney at home too , best shop there, we used to take home a suitcase full of stuff from there alone

Love the 2 teacups on the one spinny plate :)
  7. Watchinherskip

Watchinherskip Better known as "That Guy"

It seems that our daily stoneware was purchased there on two separate trips. We love them and we have used them for about a decade. They packed them and shipped them home for us. I think we got it at the Disney at Home...maybe it was just the really big Disney store in DTD. Would love to get replacements for a few of the deep bowls.

stonewear.jpg
  8. Beccaberry

So pretty!
  9. Watchinherskip

Thanks Becca. We actually have two sets, both featuring Pooh. Good news is in doing a search, I just found a source for some replacements. We lost two cereal bowls. The sets are complimentary and we can mix and match them.
  10. Tink

We have some really cute "Mickey" dinner plates. They are white and trimmed in blue. He's in a chef's outfit and "walking and stirring" in a bowl he is holding under his arm. Little did we know that version would be discontinued. :sigh:

We try not to get carried away with Disney "stuff" but if you look around the house, you'll think we've too much. :sorry:
  11. Watchinherskip

I hear you kiddo. I think if you look somewhere, anywhere in our home (or my office for that matter) you will find something Disney related, you may have to look closely as we tend to get the more subtle themed items.
  12. Beccaberry

As avid a fan as I am, I have precious few "Disney" items in my house. I have a few here and there, but they were mostly gifts.

I often think I should buy a few things, but I rarely run across items that I fancy.
  13. Johnie

Johnie Budget Queen Forum Host

I have Disney everywhere including hidden Mickey's in my tattoos. Though I tend to keep the Disney stuff in the house in my office and the kitchen/dining room
  14. Tink

Yes, that is what we tend to do. For example, we have an EPCOT glass counter protector from one of the FWF. It takes a very close look to connect that to Disney. Same with our yellow and lavender bowls. They are from France in EPCOT and there is no connection, unless you recognize that they were once sold in France. Same with the yellow salt cellars by each setting.

Now, at Christmas it's a bit different with lovely velvet Mickey Stockings, and tree decorations that are characters, etc.
  15. Watchinherskip

I hear you Tink. Christmas is a bit of a different bird eh? I guess a good portion of our main tree decorations are Disney themed (possibly due to quite a few years of ornament exchange here and in former forums). Now our small hall tree is TOTALLY Mickey. We bought a few sets of Mickey eared Christmass balls at WDW. They are sized for the tree about 3 inches in size.