1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Disney Cruise Line Announces New Internet Packages Onboard

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line News & Rumors' started by Wendy, Jan 28, 2014.

1. Wendy

Wendy A hui hou kakou makuakane Staff Member Administrator

Disney Cruise Line will now offer new internet packages onboard their ships. Instead of charging by minutes used, the new Connect@Sea packages are based on the amount of megabytes (MB) used.
    Guests can choose from the following package options:
    • Pay As You Go ($.25 per MB): Perfect for Guests who are not sure how often they will be online.
    • Small (100 per MB for $19): A good choice for Guests who want to check their email occasionally and then go back to enjoying their cruise.
    • Medium (300 per MB for $39): Ideal for Guests that want to share their vacation photos with friends right away.
    • Large (1,000 per MB for $89): This package covers all Internet needs. Guests can stream movies or their favorite music.
    Connect@Sea services will be introduced onboard the Disney Cruise Line ships on the following sail dates:

• Disney Magic - Feb. 3, 2014
    • Disney Dream - Feb. 16, 2014
    • Disney Wonder - Feb. 26, 2014
    • Disney Fantasy - March 8, 2014
    Detailed information about the Connect@Sea options will be available in each Guest stateroom, at onboard internet cafes and at Guest Services.

2. uscwest

uscwest Senior Cast Member

I use about 2GB (2 large) per month on my cell phone. Donna uses about 4 GB on hers. So I would imagine in a week on the cruise ship we MIGHT use about 300 MB ($39.00) I guess the question here is what if you go over? Do you then pay $.25/mb

3. Beccaberry

Beccaberry She's beccalicious! Forum Host

Perhaps they would let you "upgrade" if you realized you were getting close?

4. catrancher

catrancher Assistant Cruise Director Forum Host

The other issue is speed. Most guests who are used to their broadband connection at home might find themselves tapping their feet a lot while waiting for their upload to finish. :toetap:

Tom ( :macwave:... hey, you're in the middle of the ocean for goodness sake!)